Game hangs ?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

Franciscus

Game hangs ?

Post by Franciscus »

Hi

Playing for the first time, I have had the game hang after finishing the tutorial (had to Ctrl-Alt-Del) and then again after playing Dubro-Brodny with a german victory (again, the game did not go to the main menu and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del)

Regards

(PS: clean install, latest patch. Game installed in C:\Games\Germany at War Barbarossa 1941.
Using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits, in a rig with an Intel Core-i7 quad core CPU, 16Gb RAM. Antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials. It does not happen with any other game I play...)
Former AJE team member
Franciscus

RE: Game hangs ?

Post by Franciscus »

If anyone is interested, I have given myself administrator rights over the exe file and specifically excluded all the game directory and files from my AV auto-scanning. The issue continues. Everytime I end a scenario, after the debriefing window, I get the screen saying "Please wait". I waited for 10 minutes and again had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to stop the game

Weird, it's been ages I have had some program behaving like this...
Former AJE team member
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

games works straight out of the box on windows 10

tm.asp?m=4111640

which can be rather fussy with some older games, so for me as no others have mentioned it with win 7, i's say it maybe something else

installing as admin on the game and the updates sets the game to fully be admin ready when using the inbuilt AV and firewall programs on windows, 3rd party ones are so user friendly, well some are, some aren't so a mixed bag.

are you using a admin account?

run as admin from a none admin account account can give errors, as it doesn't free up some resources as other wise some program use or need.

added the pre requites that come with the game and version etc?

if a default install plays up, uninstall and try a none default install and patch, see if that helps

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

any error codes or files mentioning it, in the error logs?

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

may be something, maybe nothing, but a look wouldn't hurt
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi, Zak, I know the drill...[:D]

I am using always an admin account, and have no issues with other games, ranging from EiA to SC3.

I never install in the default location, but always in a specific directory (C:\Games), but I can try to uninstall and install in the default directory, although that is in my experience never the solution but the cause of problems.

As a matter of fact I noticed that contrary to almost all the other games, although installed in a specific directory, GAW saves the games in the users directory, that maybe it..

I will try to uninstall and install again.

(PS: attached the dxdiag file)
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Former AJE team member
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

thanks
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Current Mode: 2560 x 1440 .

System Model: iMac12,2

D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported

but not a single error in the log, so not of much use to me either i'm sorry to say

screen size, maybe?

running a parallels version or?

and a driver maybe or may not fully be drx 9 compatible, but also maybe wrong as it may not read it correctly either
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

windows error reporting is known to be out at times when on a mac, as while it's a 99.9 version of windows installed, drivers aren't always 100% on a pc either, so throw anything else into the pond, can muddy the water, so maybe something, maybe nothing, but as it's not a pc, and running on something else, also i have little advice to offer on what it could be, without more program errors i'm sorry to say[:(]

with an error code, i can search the data bases for a given cause, or have a better idea on what direction to then take, with nothing much, it's harder still to nail anything down
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled, in the default path (C:\Matrix Games instead of C:\Games), and now the game does not hang anymore...

Go figure

Thanks for your attention
Former AJE team member
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no problem, it's always the simple things, or sometimes anyway, glad your sorted

Return to “Tech Support”