Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Vic

Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04

Post by Vic »

Hi all,

This Beta Patch only works for Matrix version, NOT for Steam version.

1.04 is still PRIVATE BETA. Private beta is much like public beta, except that there is no Matrix installer. It thus also means that it is still in testing and might not be fully stable.

Please do report in this thread if you have installed and running the v1.04 without any issues.

If you are uncomfortable installing files manually or your anti-virus software is not playing ball please wait till this patch goes gold or a matrix public beta patch is created.

If not keep reading... please do...

Install instructions

1. Download the ZIP: http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/B ... eta104.zip

2. Find your game directory.

3. Rename your existing Barbarossa.exe to something like Barbarossa_backup.exe

4. Rename your BarbScenarios directory to something like BarbScenarios_backup

5. Unzip the zip downloaded in step 1 and copy the contents inside your game directory.

6. Start the game and verify you have v1.04 in the left-top corner of the main menu. (the scenario setup screen should read in very small print 11th january below the title)

NOTE: That save games are fully compatible between all versions in circulation.
NOTE: Only the items below noted with (E) should kick in with older saved files, for the other fixes to kickin you'd need a fresh start.

Changelist 1.04

Private DC:Barbarossa v1.04 (11th of Jan 2017 - scenario version 25)

-Added the option to view combat results textual instead of graphical (E)

-Fixed the hex graphic swamp - woods transitions

-A bug with the Free SetUp option that allows the German Player a lot more latitude than was intended is fixed.

-Corrected German spelling for all SS Officer Titles

-A few minor spelling corrections for Hugo's War Diary.

-A tool tip added to the Soviet Intel report to avoid confusion as to what it's referring to.

-Tambov and Stalingrad are no longer possible FSB locations which should resolve a couple of issues with AGS and relocating FSB's.

-A bug in the big ball of code that determines Victory conditions where, under certain circumstances, a German Decisive Victory is downgraded to a Draw, Advantage Germany. I suspect that this has been the underlying issue of a few previous forum posts that I attributed to a combination of easy game settings. Fixed.

-Fatigue. It turns out that, while fatigue is only accumulated while slow Divisions are set to a Blitzkrieg posture (correct), it also only applies while in the Blitzkrieg posture (incorrect). If you switch to Sustained Offensive or Defensive postures your slouching, weary, soldaten suddenly spark up and look a lot more alert than they should. Fixed.

We are looking forward to your feedback! even if it is just 'runs fine'

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Franciscus

RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04

Post by Franciscus »

Thank you, Vic and Cameron

Just installed and continued a soviet game started in 1.03r. It runs fine [:D]

Kudos for the new textual option of displaying results, very nice.

Will try a new german game in the next few days

Regards
Former AJE team member
tombo

Post by tombo »

+1 Thanks!

Pls continue w this wonderful game. [:)]

cheers
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

You are one of the most dedicated game developers I know!
Just for your continuous updates and patches long after the release, your games are worth every penny.

Thank you [:)]
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Playing in 1.04:

Relationship with von Leeb had been negative for a while, and was still negative at the start of the turn. Screenshot was taken after decisions (Have a word, Headquarters visit) turned things around.

Does this look correct? Shouldn't it be possible for von Leeb to give command focus to a panzer group if his relationship with Halder has just become positive?

(In game terms it's moot because Halder doesn't have enough PP to play the focus card).
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Philippe,

This is one of the kinks of the game. The Focus situation is taken from the start of the turn, whereas your relationship has since changed as a result of a decision.

To make all the various factors (there's quite a few) fully dynamic and responsive to all decisions, as you take them, would involve a significant processing overhead (there's a lot of things that need changing) and, when I tried it, I ended up with a noticeable lag and I'm somebody with a fast computer.

The trade-off is that everything is correct at the start of a turn and the game runs smoothly.

What I should do is put some additional text in the tool tip to highlight that the focus is 'start of turn' only.

Cheers,
Cameron
Meteor2

Post by Meteor2 »

Your support as devs, long after release, is remarkable.
That makes me very confident, to buy your next release. [;)]
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi

Just noticed something that may or not be WAD, and has been like that, I think, from the beginning.

I switched my 4th PG to sustained offensive posture. I had previously played the "envelopment" card, which is in effect. Switching to Sustained Pffensive from Blitzkrieg, though, makes only available the "manouevre" and "inspire" cards.

So, in practice, I am keeping a blitzkrieg card ("envelopment") in effect although I have switched to Sustained Offensive

WAD ?
Former AJE team member
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Franciscus,

WAD. Strictly speaking the blitzkrieg card shouldn't carry over but the practical fiddliness of having to remove it and notify the Player in this situation isn't worth the aggravation as it would likely lead to confusion when Players notice that they no longer have the bonus and hunt around for a reason why ('cause they've missed the original notification).

The idea of the officer cards in DC3 is that you only have to deal with a few, meaningful, decisions and that they are fire and forget. Anything that introduces special, contradictory, cases goes against the grain.

Cheers,
Cameron
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

For now, I have played this new version without any issues.

Regards.
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

Don't know if I've missed something, but what is the ETA for this patch and will it eventually make its way to the Steam version? I'm holding off starting a new game if the patch will be released fairly soon.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Rocketboy,

There are actually two patches (see the recent post 'forthcoming update'. This one is making it's way through the system and will probably be official within a week or two. When the second patch comes out and when either, or both combined, turn up on steam is in the hands of Vic and the publisher.

There's a pipeline that goes something like this; private beta patch -> public beta patch -> official patch -> steam patch. It takes a while

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”