FIFTY SHADES OF WiTE: SILLYFLOWER V BRIANG

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

sillyflower

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

deleted
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

The full ballsack squeezed from both sides. On the south side, I'm just following him as I don't want to hasten his retreat.

Attachments
BT79ballsack.jpg
BT79ballsack.jpg (986.82 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

duplicated below
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

Some stats for those who, like me, have little life beyond Wite

Straightforward attacks just lead to 1:1 casualty ratio so it is imperative to be selective at this stage in the war. The land grab and reduction in his manpower make it worth while to keep attacking.
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

German production

Good to have a few spare arms points, but the manpower is just those in the transit pool.
Attachments
BT79gprod.jpg
BT79gprod.jpg (622.11 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

OOBs

Both sides have shrunk by about 50K since the game 'ended'. I need surrounds to cut his army down though, and then his worsening manpower will keep it down.
Attachments
BT79oob.jpg
BT79oob.jpg (565.25 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

I have at last found my notebook with turn comments after the real SF decided that my toy-room needed tidying, which caused the notebook to go missing for 3 days .

Air losses 66 to 163. Seem to be doing a lot better in the air these days. Only destroyed 2 rifle x, but captured 22 baby factories and displaced 6 more. 183 still left in the ballsack, excluding Ryazan which has another 14, but inc. those on the Ryazan-Syzran rail line. I think between 20-25 are ones displaced earlier in the game but which clearly did not displace far enough.

1 of Brian's only 2 remaining IL2 factories is still in Voronezh, and I hope he forgets to move it. At best for him, he can only rail out fewer than half due to his lack of rail capacity so he will be down to 54 p/w for some time.

Despite inflicting low losses for a couple of turns, the soviet OOB seems to be static, and the Wehrmacht is growing slightly, though largely due to an influx of wasteful LW divs. Looking forward to '43 when R m/power centres reduce production from 40 to 35 per turn, whilst G ones increase by about the same percentage - from 8 to a mighty 9 per turn. G arms production also leaps by 70%.

The sighting of the 1st mech xxx in Penza is a reminder of what is to come. With R NM increasing and mine going down, I'm not sure if I will be able/willing to launch another strategic offensive after this one.
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T80

Moscow - I plant myself next to the last rail line into the ballsack, but converted RR only counts as 1MP per hex, but 'we need a pointless gesture at this stage in the war'. Bragging rights to anyone who knows where this quote comes from (without recourse to search engines) and a bonus to anyone who can name the speaker.

Attachments
BT80mosc.jpg
BT80mosc.jpg (917.6 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Ballsack now fits into a single screenie

As I can't take Penza, my rail line can't go north. I have to go via Tambov. I therefore change direction and head west. Judging by my progress, Brian will be slightly surprised. Couldn't quite close the large pocket, but they won't escape.......... SS Wiking (just visible under a parachute)is very exposed but I've dropped fuel and I think this will be a bit of a dilemma for Brian.It is in his way, but he doesn't have much offensive power there as I can tell. If he attacks, which would be his natural response, the attackers aren't going to get away even if the attack succeeds. Even more so if he occupies all 6 surrounding hexes in order to rout it out. Retreating it 1 hex won't do much, but leaving it there with petrol is less than ideal for him too
Attachments
BT70bsac.jpg
BT70bsac.jpg (896.83 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

losses 10.2K to 20.1K. Not enough Bolsheviks perish! Goering continues to shine as air losses 46 to 176. Must be due to his new diet. 22 baby factories captured, 5 destroyed and 11 displaced so that's another 1520 men per week who will not be signing up to the red army. Total R losses reach 8.25M and G and R OOBs 3.96M and 5.44M respectively.
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T81

The New Year gets off to a great start as the fearless Romanians storm Sevastopol on New Year's Eve after a siege of about 10 months.

Comrade Brian's last hope has vanished like a mirage
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Ballsack

SS Wiking was left unmolested and the pocket is sealed as 2nd Pz Army meets 6th Army coming up from the south. Careful listeners to Comrade Brian's propaganda broadcasts may notice a slight increase of pitch in his voice [:D]. In the meantime the rest of the panzer blob heads west towards Tambov and the key rail junction in the ballsack, clearing out almost all of the woods running north from the hex SE of Tambov. A solitary rifle division fails to retreat in time.
Attachments
BT81ballsac.jpg
BT81ballsac.jpg (898.44 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Soviet resistance seems rather futile at this point.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

No good putting this on my AAR, Michael [:D]
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

losses

First losses screen under the new regime, and seems to be the whole of T80 + G T81. At start of my turn losses were 27K and 75K gor G and R respectively, so in turn losses were about 9K to 40K. Air losses for the 1.5 turns were 151 to 458.Unit kills 5 rifle xx (2gd) 2 rifle x and 1 arty regt. A total of 20 m/power centres go out of production -18 captured + 2 displaced.
Attachments
BT81loss.jpg
BT81loss.jpg (566.62 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

OOB

The drop in R OOB by 30K took me by surprise given that losses in my turn weren't that high. Either Brian's manpower problem is worse than I thought or else he disbanded some units (presumably RR repair brigades as being the only ones he doesn't need for a while). If I'm right about the disbands, his OOB should climb back a bit next turn.The only other explanation is that killing 10K per turn is enough to stop his OOB growing. That would be a bit tragic. He doesn't get any reinforcement units in Jan other than the return of empty shells.
Attachments
BT81oob.jpg
BT81oob.jpg (561.46 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Thoughts on T81

A good turn with a large pocket secured + 18 baby factories captured and 2 displaced. It remains a foot race...........but it is clear the Brian can stop me in places where he concentrates enough force. Not pictured - a german corps and allied forces close in on Astrakhan. LW recce units have been trying to find Archangel but without success [&:]
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T82 ballsack

Attachments
BT82ballsack.jpg
BT82ballsack.jpg (939.19 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

losses screen at end of turn

From the German losses, I think this is losses from last R turn and this G turn.
Attachments
BT82endloss.jpg
BT82endloss.jpg (594.77 KiB) Viewed 79 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Thoughts on T82

An explosive start to '43. 60K R casualties from the pocket and another 9K in combat. Tambov and Voronezh fall which helped the capture of 60 baby factories this turn with 2 more being displaced. 2 mini pockets formed and Gross Deutschland div advances 70 miles to cut the last rail line into the remains of the pocket. There is still quite a lot to be done to destroy the ballsack, but Brian's voice must surely have increased in pitch by an octave or two [:D].In the meantime, elements of Axis forces have reached Astrakhan. On a more sombre note, R defences around Penza are like a brick wall and, further east, I had to rescue the 242nd inf div from a Russian pocket. I have yet to lose a german division in this game and don't intend to start now.

The LW continues to do well. Air losses 60 to 278. 6 rifle xx (1 gd), 1 cav xx, 2 tank x, 7 rifle x , 2 regts and 1 bn destroyed.

Russian OOB reduced by 50K this turn with losses of virtually 130K. I have now captured 1695 baby factories (up by 169 in the last 6 weeks). As he's receiving about 13K disabled returns pw, this is consistent with his fresh m/power now being just under 70K pw. That will now reduce by 9K pw with the R manpower multiplier reducing from 40 to 35 from 1 Jan. However, I notice Steltek says he's only getting 50K men pw in his game v Pelton. I don't know if S has lost a lot more territory, or else my numbers are too pessimistic.
web exchange

Return to “After Action Reports”