CLOSED Stock Scenario 1 IJN player wanted

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

CuriousWordsmith

CLOSED Stock Scenario 1 IJN player wanted

Post by CuriousWordsmith »

pm me if you are interested in Stock Scenario 1 IJN player wanted
Aurorus

RE: Stock Scenario 1 IJN player wanted

Post by Aurorus »

I´m interested. What type of house rules, settings, gentleman´s agreements would you be looking for?
CuriousWordsmith

I'm open to keeping settings and rules easy
Aurorus

Post by Aurorus »

Seems you have private messages disabled.

I would like to play with mostly historical settings: Allied Damage Control ON, Allied Torpedo Duds ON, Realistic R&D On, December 7 Surprise ON, and so forth. I would like Player Defined Upgrades OFF. This forces us to use a wider range of aircraft and presents a more realistic air environment from 43 on, since we cannot skip steps in squadron upgrades. This also means that I would have to research airframe upgrades in order and emphasize the airframes most used by Japan... i.e. I can´t set 6 factories to A6M5b and 6 to top-of-the-line Franks in December 1941 and then roll out these airframes en mass in January 43.

I would like for us to agree not to do anything too ¨gamey¨ such as using aircraft carriers to expand air groups to outrageous sizes, create phantom ¨amphibious¨ task forces that are really just bombardment task forces, and that make reasonable use of paratroopers (i.e. reasonable-sized drops in base hexes... not dropping 5 squads from a unit in 5 different hexes to cut off supplies to an entire army group, for example).

Let me know what you think.
CuriousWordsmith

I agree and sent my email to your pm ... lets use email from now on
Aurorus

Post by Aurorus »

There are really only 2 hard and fast house rules that I think are helpful.

1) December 7 surprise means that the allied player cannot modify existing task forces, create new task forces, or rebase aircraft on the first turn.

2) Units under restricted command HQs cannot cross national boundaries unless we pay the political points to change command. Otherwise, the defense of China is impossible. The only exception to this rule would be that Kwangtung units can move into Russia if and when the Ruso-Japanese war gets going.
CuriousWordsmith

CLOSED RE: Stock Scenario 1 IJN player wanted

i agree

Return to “Opponents Wanted”