Ship withdrawal

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bradfordkay

Ship withdrawal

Post by bradfordkay »

I appreciate the fact the the game developers decided to make it as easy as possible on us, but I have to admit that it seems silly to withdraw Canadian KVs from Seattle for service in the Atlantic. It would make much more sense to send them to Cristobal. I mean, what am I doing? Loading them on trains?

I know... it would take a lot of forethought to not be nailed more often with PP penalties if I had to send them to the off map bases in order to withdraw them. It just struck me as silly to be able to withdraw them from a place that is relatively in the middle of the game map.
fair winds,
Brad
bradfordkay

RE: Ship witdrawal

Post by bradfordkay »

EDIT: I have a bad habit of hitting some keys too lightly. I know that withdrawal is spelled with an "h" but I cannot edit the title!!!

PS - is anyone else experiencing a recent spate of threads that you have read showing up as "unread"?
fair winds,
Brad
BBfanboy

RE: Ship withdrawal

Post by BBfanboy »

Failure of the board to update my "read" posts happens all the time. I don't know whether the board software keeps this info or if it is stored on my own computer, so I can't guess at why. I do know that if I exit unexpectedly (as when Microsoft decides to update my computer even though I am currently on it) the "posts I have read" data is never updated.

Edit: I fixed the spelling of your title by putting an "h" in the word withdrawal in the subject box as I made this post. You can't change it directly on the page that lists all the threads, AFAIK.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I appreciate the fact the the game developers decided to make it as easy as possible on us, but I have to admit that it seems silly to withdraw Canadian KVs from Seattle for service in the Atlantic. It would make much more sense to send them to Cristobal. I mean, what am I doing? Loading them on trains?

I know... it would take a lot of forethought to not be nailed more often with PP penalties if I had to send them to the off map bases in order to withdraw them. It just struck me as silly to be able to withdraw them from a place that is relatively in the middle of the game map.

Think of it as an administrative transfer. An "out chop" in USN terms. No matter where the ship is physically, they don't accept orders from anyone but Atlantic commanders.
The Moose
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Think of it as an administrative transfer. An "out chop" in USN terms. No matter where the ship is physically, they don't accept orders from anyone but Atlantic commanders.
Aye, they have already got out their "Newfoundland & Cape Breton"/English/French dictionaries and will prepare themselves for the month it takes to get to their new home port.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Reg

Post by Reg »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I fixed the spelling of your title by putting an "h" in the word withdrawal in the subject box as I made this post. You can't change it directly on the page that lists all the threads, AFAIK.

Edit the title of the first post {or the top post of subsequent pages).......

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: Reg

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I fixed the spelling of your title by putting an "h" in the word withdrawal in the subject box as I made this post. You can't change it directly on the page that lists all the threads, AFAIK.

Edit the title of the first post {or the top post of subsequent pages).......

Gotcha!
fair winds,
Brad

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”