I need Help - AI Testing

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

quertice

RE: Tier 3 Ironman

Post by quertice »

I guess I've understood:

scen 1 in first post is playable both side, andy mac says in next quoted post he's working to improve futhermore ai in that scenario.

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

I think I have the new Scen1 AI more or less done for Japan going to start work on Allied scen 1 AI next so I have a complete new baseline

Feedback still very welcome

sorry for being tedious, but my english isn't good [:D]
Andy Mac

RE: Tier 3 Ironman

Post by Andy Mac »

Yes its playable but AI not updated yet
Andy Mac

RE: I need Help - AI Testing

Post by Andy Mac »

ps all my PC is still fried (new Motherboard required so if I am slow to respond to posts/emails its because I am in process of getting it sorted out
mussey

Post by mussey »

Ironman T1
10 July @1942

So up to 5/1/42 the Allies had their way at Port Moresby, easily getting supplies up to 75,000,and reinforced with a XX and multiple X. Then the KB and the full wrath of Ironman was unleashed, making daily air, land, sea bombardments. My supplies are reduced to 9,000.

Interestingly, it has not taken an unoccupied Milne Bay. Not sure if this was an oversight or some kind of trick....
Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

Kull

Post by Kull »

A few minor issues:

- Land unit 5800 (Dutch Mobiele Eenheid Battalion) is an Armored unit that arrives in Bandoeng in January. However, the TOE includes 18 of Wpn #984 - 180mm CD Guns which are ** and thus render the unit immobile. This seems to be something that was done with your first batch of upgraded scenarios (and still present in this new set of updates), since the original Wpn 984 was something called "VCL M1934". I spotted it in your new Scenario 102, but it's probably an issue with all of them.

- VF2 (ID 1694) includes a rather famous pilot, J.H. Flatley (ID 841) who is the guy that named the "Thach Weave", among other things. The "Is Leader" field is appropriately filled in for him, but the listed number (22177) has no entry. However, #22072 has an entry for "J. Flatley", and that's probably the correct one. This too is present in Scenario 102, but the problem actually goes back to the very first release of AE, and is probably an issue in all scenarios from then to now.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

ORIGINAL: Kull

A few minor issues:

- Land unit 5800 (Dutch Mobiele Eenheid Battalion) is an Armored unit that arrives in Bandoeng in January. However, the TOE includes 18 of Wpn #984 - 180mm CD Guns which are ** and thus render the unit immobile. This seems to be something that was done with your first batch of upgraded scenarios (and still present in this new set of updates), since the original Wpn 984 was something called "VCL M1934". I spotted it in your new Scenario 102, but it's probably an issue with all of them.
<snip>

I checked into the various scenario data upgrade files provided in this thread. Land unit(s) 5800 and 5851 both utilize device 984. I'm not sure which if either is supposed to have 180mm CD guns vs the VCL M1934 (Vickers Light tank M1934). I suspect both the above land units are supposed to retain the VCL M1934, BUT perusing the other CD gun devices even up to the 150mm CD gun, none of them have a load cost approaching the 9999 setting of this 180mm CD gun, (Device 998, 150mm CD gun has a load cost of only 60), so it could be one of the land units (5800/5851) was maybe supposed to have a 180mm CD gun, that was mobile and the load cost setting of 9999 was an error.

This issue is present in Scenarios 1,2,6,10,11,12,13

Scenarios 7,8,9,17 still use the old device VCL M1934.

edit> also the static button is checked (of course) in the 180mm CD gun definition
Member since January 2007 (as Gray_Lensman)

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Computering since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

lc=9999 makes a sdevice static. i think this was the db usage before the static field was added ....
Pax
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

lc=9999 makes a sdevice static. i think this was the db usage before the static field was added ....

Thanks for the info. [:)]

Every little bit helps when using the AEeditor to dig into the database.
Member since January 2007 (as Gray_Lensman)

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Computering since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
JoV

Post by JoV »

I've taken this to the Tech support section, as its probably not a problem specific to this [:)]
JoV

Post by JoV »

Am up to late Nov, playing as Japan, in case any feedback is required [&o]
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Journier

Post by Journier »

hi guys, old player coming back, I keep reading that the ironman japan ai game, has no AI for allies, is this correct? I like to let the AI play the first month of the war, and then take over after they have taken over most of the phillipines etc. Is there a way to add an AI in for allies?

Sorry for silly question, I love Andy's changes, been playing a few months of his scenario modifications now.
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

Took a peek at the artwork for the Tier III Ironman. Hirohito getting some help from the Kriegsmarine now? Oh, man... :)

Just unzipped both the new Scen 1 and the Tier III stuff into the SCEN folder. Really looking forward to this.

Saw the Tier III scenario on the 104 slot. Didn't see any vacant slots occupied by the new Scen 1 install, so I'm assuming (and this may be painfully self-explanitory, but just in case...) that clicking the old Scenario 1 as normal sees the new Scenario 1 data come into play? Thanks.

Can't express enough how much the work you put into this phenomenal game is appreciated, Andy. [&o]
Rafid

Post by Rafid »

Hi Andy,

not sure you're still working on this, a year later but I - as an AI only player - I'm truly grateful for your work.

I found a few problems with ships (mostly subs) not matching their class weapon layouts which causes problems for reloading weapons. For example the Dutch Sub class KXV has her torpedo tube split in three slots and an AA Weapon in the forth slot and an empty slot 7, while the ships of this class have their torpedoes split in 4 slots and an AA Weapon in slot 7, which leads to the result shown below as well as making reloading of the 8.8cm Bofor in slot 7 impossible (screenshot taken right on December 8th, befor the ship was in any action).

The following ships and classes are effected from this type of database inconsistency in all three posted scenarios:
"KXIV Class" class 234 - ships: 4899 "KXIV", 4890 "KXV", 4901 "KXVI", 4902 "KXVII", 4903 "KXVIII"
"O16 Class" class 237 - ship: 4904 "O16"
"O19 Class" class 238 - ships: 4905 "O19", 4906 "O20"
"O21 Class" class 239 - ships: 4907 "O21", 4908 "O23", 4909 "O24"
"KVIII Class" class 241 - ships: 4968 "KVIII", 4969 "KIX", 4970 - "KX"
"L Type" class 2910 - ships 9950 - 9958
"S Type" class 2908 - ships 9960 "S-52", 9961 "S-53"
"ShCh Type" class 2909 - ships 10362 - 10398

The following ships of the "Otori" class 1331 added in the ironman scenario 102 have extremely different layouts in class and ship which means they are most likely not working as intended either: 14730 - "Abashiri", 14731 - "Tokoro", 14732 - "Mitsuishi"

Lastly some Japanese AV classes have sorties in their class (slot 20), but not their ships. I don't know if this will cause problems, but just in case - here they are:
- "Kamoi AV" Class 2092 - ship: 908 "Kamoi"
- "Kamikawa AV" class 2087 - ships: 1204 "Kamikawa Maru", 1205 "Kimikawa Maru", 1206 "Kunikawa Maru", 1207 "Kiyokawa Maru"), 1210 "Sagara Maru", 1213 "Sanuki Maru"
- "Sanyo AV" class 2088 - ship: 1263 "Sanyo Maru
Attachments
Scen102Bug.jpg
Scen102Bug.jpg (37.7 KiB) Viewed 185 times
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I have to ask, Have you tried to Reload the subs? As far as the AV ships go, I believe they all have an upgrade option to be a CVL or CVE. Check these things and please report back....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Rafid

Post by Rafid »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

I have to ask, Have you tried to Reload the subs? As far as the AV ships go, I believe they all have an upgrade option to be a CVL or CVE. Check these things and please report back....GP

Fair points GP.

First the easy part: Of the AVs only the Sanyo Class can convert and then only to other auxillaries and merchants. The others don't have any conversion or upgrade options. But as I said I'm not sure the mismatch in sorties will cause any real problems.

Now the complex and confusing:
a) The ships have problems reloading even the weapons where they show ammo requirement (like the 2/18 torpedoes in slot 4 of the screenshot in my original post).
b) Some of the Dutch subs I listed - the ones which start in port - seem almost uneffected by the problem. However they start with the weapon setup of their class instead of the one actually given for them individually in the database. They also start with wrong ammo loads for some devices (the ones which were exchanged). But behave normally after a reload.
c) The engine seems to treat the devices (of the TF starting subs) which are not matching their class setup as "battle damage" which means all ships can be repaired to a normal state in a big enough port. They then have the weapon setup given for their class.

The screenshot shows an affected sub in its fully reloaded state (except for mines) pre and post a one day repair at Singers. Note that the weapon setup totally changed. I also put the sub in a mining TF in both states and according to display it loaded 36 out of a possible 18 mines (!) before the repair and the expected 20/20 afterwards. I could not find any problems after the repair, even after using torpedoes I could reload them as expected.

So the problem seems to have an easy in game work around, but I would still consider it worth fixing.

Attachments
Scen102Bug_2.jpg
Scen102Bug_2.jpg (121.27 KiB) Viewed 185 times
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Some AV type ships have float planes that can carry bombs. That's your sorties. What scenario are you playing anyway. I have not heard of anyone saying that they can't load the Dutch subs. More info/screen shots....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

btd64

Post by btd64 »

After rereading your second post, You can if you want, move the devices around. I don't think it needs to be done. Sometimes when modding it is easier to move somethings and not others, but it doesn't effect how the device works....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: General Patton
After rereading your second post, You can if you want, move the devices around. I don't think it needs to be done.
This device mismatch affects how Dutch subs reload, I can attest to it. Recalled and repaired all of them in my game after I found the same problem
cardas

Post by cardas »

You definitely want the same devices in the same slot on both the ship and the class.

You are probably aware of this already, just adding it for the benefit of others if Andy doesn't fix it. This is the lazy man's option of fixing it barring special considerations (e.g. ships that should start with 0 ammo in some slots, such as perhaps mines, not a big issue anyway).

Open the scenario with the editor and then go to the "ships" tab. Then:

Tools -> Set Ships...
Type: 26 - SS, Begin ID: 4899, End ID: 10398, check the "Update weapons from class" box and then click "Apply"

Tools -> Set Ships...
Type: 15 - E, Begin ID: 14730, End ID: 14732, check the "Update weapons from class" box and then click "Apply"

Tools -> Set Ships...
Type: 37 - AV, Begin ID: 908, End ID: 1263, check the "Update weapons from class" box and then click "Apply"

Save and you're done!

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”