Where is PP budget saved?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Bullwinkle58

Where is PP budget saved?

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

General question. Negotiating a new stock Scenario1 PBEM. I'd like to up the Allied PPs per day to 60 from 50. I know how to do that in the editor.

My potential opponent has an already-prepared stock Turn 1 file for Japan that he wishes to use. It was saved with 50/day. Is that figure embedded in the save file already? Or can it be altered to 60 before the first turn's replay file is generated?
The Moose
btd64

RE: Where is PP budget saved?

Post by btd64 »

Moose, It has to be a part of the Japanese 1st turn save. Have your opponent change the PP's, then open his turn and save again, and resend to you. That should work....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Moose, It has to be a part of the Japanese 1st turn save. Have your opponent change the PP's, then open his turn and save again, and resend to you. That should work....GP

Ok, good to know. Thanks.

I don't know the switchology of a Japan first turn. I assume he has to have a save that has not been closed-out with the End Turn red button?

So open editor, edit the stock Scenario 1, save it. Open the existing first turn, and immediately re-save it after closing it out?
The Moose
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

I don't know the switchology of a Japan first turn. I assume he has to have a save that has not been closed-out with the End Turn red button?

So open editor, edit the stock Scenario 1, save it. Open the existing first turn, and immediately re-save it after closing it out.
Changing the PP allocation amounts to creating a new scenario. The Editor will not allow overwriting Scenario 1 through 25, so your partner must save the changed scenario in a new slot above 25. Note that many of these are already used by Big Babes and other scenarios but if you have no interest in them and will never download those scenarios, you can use them to save your version.

So, your partner has the new scenario number saved, but you must have the identical scenario saved in the same slot on your system, or the game turn will get an error when you try to run it. If your partner can send just the scenario file to you, all you would have to do is place it in the scenario folder. Otherwise, you have to edit and save your Scenario 1 the same as he did.

The turn rests on top of the scenario data so everything must be the same before the game turn is finalized.
I don't know if the "End Turn" button in PBEM locks the turn with no chance to re-open and change something. I think it should allow re-open because the real turn processing does not occur until both sides finish their moves and click "End Turn".
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

So open editor, edit the stock Scenario 1, save it. Open the existing first turn, and immediately re-save it after closing it out.
Changing the PP allocation amounts to creating a new scenario. The Editor will not allow overwriting Scenario 1 through 25, so your partner must save the changed scenario in a new slot above 25. Note that many of these are already used by Big Babes and other scenarios but if you have no interest in them and will never download those scenarios, you can use them to save your version.

So, your partner has the new scenario number saved, but you must have the identical scenario saved in the same slot on your system, or the game turn will get an error when you try to run it. If your partner can send just the scenario file to you, all you would have to do is place it in the scenario folder. Otherwise, you have to edit and save your Scenario 1 the same as he did.

The turn rests on top of the scenario data so everything must be the same before the game turn is finalized.
I don't know if the "End Turn" button in PBEM locks the turn with no chance to re-open and change something. I think it should allow re-open because the real turn processing does not occur until both sides finish their moves and click "End Turn".

Ah, good point on the numbering. Didn't think of that.

Changing the PPs is one entry in one box in the Scenario tab in the editor. A moose can handle that. I upped it to 75 in one of my AI games just to see.

I'm using a whole new install for each game, so I'll never run into DBB or other in this one.

I guess we can experiment with the closed turn thing. He has it saved, so it's not two weeks to re-do it if it doesn't work. If I can't get to 60 it's not fatal, but I'd like to try it.
The Moose
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Yeah, I forgot about the number thing myself. So save the scenario in an open slot, make the change and move the save to that game....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

verdugo94

Post by verdugo94 »

Hello, I am the guy who is trying to make the changes, and I have changed the slot in which is saved to 029.pws but the editor do not recognize it, I think it is because the editor do not work with .pws files.

I didnt click the red button so I could work on the save file but I cant change the number of PP sadly
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

You don't save from the game, but from the editor. It creates 8 or so files which comprise the game files.
Pax
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: verdugo94

Hello, I am the guy who is trying to make the changes, and I have changed the slot in which is saved to 029.pws but the editor do not recognize it, I think it is because the editor do not work with .pws files.

I didnt click the red button so I could work on the save file but I cant change the number of PP sadly

First open the editor. Then select scenario 1 and save to any open slot after 25, with a name, such as Scenario 1 with more PP's. Then change the PP's and save again. Then open the new scenario and then the save. Hopefully it worked. Resave and send to the Moose....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

verdugo94

Post by verdugo94 »

So I made this,

EDITOR:
1)open scenario one and save it with a different name in slot 26 and rename it.
2) open slot 26 and change the PP per turn and save it

GAME

open my saved game on slot 14 and saved it

is every step correct?

Thanks you for your help
btd64

Post by btd64 »

As long as you saved your game with the new scenario 26, Looks good....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

verdugo94

Post by verdugo94 »

Thanks you, when we start we would tell you the results [:)]
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

You should have verified that the Moose has slot 26 open. He posted that he was experimenting on Slot 29, which might mean that he has DBB scenarios saved in 26-28.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

You should have verified that the Moose has slot 26 open. He posted that he was experimenting on Slot 29, which might mean that he has DBB scenarios saved in 26-28.

I'm good. Did a pure re-install, shipped CD all the way forward with patches, art and sound changes, and then the newest beta. Then the editor. Slot 26 was clean as a whistle.

Now I have to figure out the new Tracker.
The Moose
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Well said with proper precautions included.

We upped PPs in all our Mods to 60. It isn't much but helps. Looking back, I would raise it to 75 or so. We'll probably do that in the current version that is being worked on.

I am a computer idiot but learned how to master the Editor. Whomever, created it did a wonderful thing for modders. You can do ANYTHING--within reason--with the Editor. Always ASK here for help. It is a great community who will pitch in without fail.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I'm always bothered when somebody says something like "my philosophy for peeling onions is blah blah blah". Now I'm going to have to deal with "switchology"??? [&:]

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I'm always bothered when somebody says something like "my philosophy for peeling onions is blah blah blah". Now I'm going to have to deal with "switchology"??? [&:]

It's a common term for those who served in the US military. Veterans know it.
The Moose
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

It's a common term for those who served in the US military. Veterans know it.
Does that come from the necessity to work the switches in the right order to flush the toilet on your nuke sub, Bullwinkle? Doing it right being "switchology" while doing wrong is "messy". [:D]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Does that come from the necessity to work the switches in the right order to flush the toilet on your nuke sub, Bullwinkle? Doing it right being "switchology" while doing wrong is "messy". [:D]

I think it started with airedales. Modern submarine heads are very easy to flush, and no switches. Just a lever and a valve wheel. That assumes one has looked for the "Blowing Sanitaries" sign on the door previously, however. Fail "signology" and one will find one doing several hours of cleaning of oneself as well as the compartment. A sound like a freight train, and, if one is really talented, used TP hanging from BOTH ears. Yep, saw it.
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

We are still having a great deal of trouble making this scheme work.

First open the editor. Then select scenario 1 and save to any open slot after 25, with a name, such as Scenario 1 with more PP's. Then change the PP's and save again. Then open the new scenario and then the save. Hopefully it worked. Resave and send to the Moose....GP

The editor work is fine. Where I get confused is the save scheme after.

So the edited scenario is Scenario 026. Japan opens that. Does Japan then SAVE it in a save slot, close the game, then move the saved, old orders .pws to the Save folder and rename it ? Or what? How do you get the orders file open in the new edited scenario environment? After it is open (and verdugo94 has confirmed he did not close out the orders with the red button), it's easy to go from there. But I don't quite get how you meld the scenario to the old, saved orders.

The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”