Reduced Blizzard Effect.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Champagne

Reduced Blizzard Effect.

Post by Champagne »

I started a scenario vs the AI with Reduced Blizzard checked and activated. Sometime during or after the first turn, I unchecked it intentionally and it remained unchecked in the dialogue box for rest of the game.

Is Reduced Blizzard in effect anyway, because that's the way it was when the scenario was first launched?

Or does the dialogue box definitively state whether it is in effect depending on whether the check is in the box or not?

Thanks.
Only the dead have seen the end of War.

-- Plato
Hunter63

RE: Reduced Blizzard Effect.

Post by Hunter63 »

RB is far more historical then normal B
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

I guess the subject is highly debated.

But normal winter was the Default setup at the launch of the game, as +1 soviet attack bonus.

If you are playing german against the soviet AI, all option (normal first winter, +1 soviet attack bonus) is probably better.
Brakes are for cowards !!
HermanGraf

Post by HermanGraf »

Just about wrapping up my first winter with the Germans vs AI (no reduced blizzard no soviet +1) and it feels realistic. I lost some ground but not a ton. But what feels skewed is the casualties on the German side. Ive shot up to almost 600,000 and I came from around 200k I think.
Hunter63

Post by Hunter63 »

ORIGINAL: HermanGraf

Just about wrapping up my first winter with the Germans vs AI (no reduced blizzard no soviet +1) and it feels realistic.
I lost some ground but not a ton. But what feels skewed is the casualties on the German side.
Ive shot up to almost 600,000 and I came from around 200k I think.

It is great for AI games, allot of the casualties are minor and the men return to the front in better weather I believe.
Champagne

Post by Champagne »

Great responses.

And yet, I still wonder whether the Reduced Blizzard Effect can be toggled OFF and ON for each turn during the game?
Only the dead have seen the end of War.

-- Plato

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”