Important Note on Shipment of Physical Copies

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Erik Rutins

Important Note on Shipment of Physical Copies

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Everyone,

Over the Christmas break, demand for WITP: AE out-stripped our physical stocks and a reprint order we had placed before the holidays was unfortunately delayed. As a result, for the time being if you order a physical copy of WITP: AE or are waiting for one to be shipped out, it will be a few weeks. We are expecting the new shipment of printed manuals to arrive in our warehouse on February 1st and start shipping out the next day.

Please keep this in mind when choosing shipping options as well. Thank you for your patience folks and happy gaming.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
BBfanboy

RE: Important Note on Shipment of Physical Copies

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

Over the Christmas break, demand for WITP: AE out-stripped our physical stocks and a reprint order we had placed before the holidays was unfortunately delayed. As a result, for the time being if you order a physical copy of WITP: AE or are waiting for one to be shipped out, it will be a few weeks. We are expecting the new shipment of printed manuals to arrive in our warehouse on February 1st and start shipping out the next day.

Please keep this in mind when choosing shipping options as well. Thank you for your patience folks and happy gaming.

Regards,

- Erik
Nice problem to have! Glad to hear the game is selling well (even if at bargain prices).
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I wonder if the demand has spiked in an unusual way or if this was just the usual holiday season busy-ness?

There's been a lot of activity in the forum lately. And lots of newcomers are asking questions and participating.

AE isn't for everybody, but it has proven its quality. Best game ever.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

Anyone still questioning the game cashing abilities?

Consequences: WITP:AE 2 anytime in future.[:'(][:D]
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Anyone still questioning the game cashing abilities?

Consequences: WITP:AE 2 anytime in future.[:'(][:D]
The price was dropped drastically for the Christmas Sale so a few people on a tight budget "took a chance on it". Even at that there were a flood of questions on the forum about whether it would be worth buying. So the market for this type of game is fairly soft, and probably would not cover development costs if the buyers would not pay a much higher price. [:(]

I would welcome a newer version of the game that takes advantage of modern computer power, but most kids nowadays grew up with "first person shooter" type games and prefer that to the strategy and detail of this one.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

I did my part. When one of those interminable World of Warships ads popped up on my facebook feed, with the screenshot showing a Japanese carrier steering towards an American battleship about a half mile away and the tag line "Command your own ship in battle!" I had to post: "Why do that when I can command the entire theater? War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition" (which creates a link to the AE facebook page).
fair winds,
Brad
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

I have instead the suspicion that some new and comprehensive U-tube playgame episodes have spread the knowledge of the game. I too came to know it through u tube, and decided to finally acquire it just after having carefully followed a recent utube channel whose author is posting his Grand Campaign day after day... some good dozens or more of other people follow his channel, with many asking questions and showing interest.
szmike

Post by szmike »

I perfectly understand the policy, it is high risk, high reward, high price product. But truth is unsold copy nets devs 0, copy sold at discount nets something.
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

It isn't worth it if you spend 1,000 hours developing a product and end up making $750. You'd be better off flipping hamburgers at McCrackin's Delectable Goat Burgers.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Physical copies lost? Who sunk your shipment? A mine? Subs? Underwater rocks? Massive explosion damage? You can always re-route your TFs off-map if the same thing happens again.
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

Next time you should entrust that shipment to M&M Enterprises. Milo seems to know how to work across the globe, even in times of conflict.
fair winds,
Brad
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Don't let Cap Mandrake get close to this in any way. Stalker Girl is after him again.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Sold out. Interesting.....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

This is FOW! The whole shipment was destroyed by girls! You know - the Emilys, Betties, Idas etc. They won't let you play the game! It is either them or us!
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
So the market for this type of game is fairly soft, and probably would not cover development costs if the buyers would not pay a much higher price. [:(]
Unfortunately, this is generally the case with all great complex multi-dimentional games. To the point of mainstream game industry all but stopped producing those, instead catering for the mass-market. Correct business decision ofc but rather sad story.

Glad to hear there is still enough demand for AE to exceed stuff expectations [&o]
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Physical copies lost? Who sunk your shipment? A mine? Subs? Underwater rocks? Massive explosion damage? You can always re-route your TFs off-map if the same thing happens again.
This is FOW! The whole shipment was destroyed by girls! You know - the Emilys, Betties, Idas etc. They won't let you play the game! It is either them or us!

Yaab, sometimes I wonder.[:D]

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

No worries - the ingenious British Allies have developed a way to deliver the game by magic teleportation on the first move. All it requires is some bank capital from the player's economy to get the teleportation to happen.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: Yaab

No worries - the ingenious British Allies have developed a way to deliver the game by magic teleportation on the first move. All it requires is some bank capital from the player's economy to get the teleportation to happen.

Don't forget they have to lower their shields.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Come on guys this is just a minor inconvenience. [:D]

For those who can remember back that far, who can forget the shipping debacle of the original WITP-AE delivery in 2009.....

I'm surprised poor Erik survived this period with his hair intact.... [:'(]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2184681&mpage=1&key=

(Rereading that old thread was a bit a nostalgia trip with a lot of old familiar names. [:)] )

For those who were around at the time, in addition to all of Erik's woes in the above thread, wasn't this about the time where a car crashed into the power pole outside the warehouse and knocked them offline for a couple of days and delayed delivery even further. [X(] You wouldn't read about it. [:(]

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”