Developing Conquered Provinces

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

lucr41

Developing Conquered Provinces

Post by lucr41 »

Hi, I am new to COGEE and am unsure of the worth of developing conquered provinces. I am playing France in the
1792 scenario.

I can see the use of developing provinces that will never be turned into protectorates (ie: Flanders, Luxemburg),
as I get to keep the increasing production of resources. In this case, I get the maximum return on my investment.

I am not sure of the return on investment on those provinces that will eventually be turned into protectorates
(ie: provinces that form Bavaria, and such). Is it only worth building roads in these, as the initiative gain and
increase to max population will still benefit me after turning them into protectorates? By developing these
provinces, will this increase the "cut" I receive from them, when they become protectorates? Is the return of this
increased "cut" (if it is even increased) worth the initial investment?

Thanks,

Luc

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”