General Modding Question

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

wstraka

General Modding Question

Post by wstraka »

I'm new to scenario creation and I'm curious how when creating a force for a historic or even a hypothetical battle, how does one accurately represent the manpower of a given side? Even if one has the TO&E, that's only an idealized representation. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me ideas? What have others done?
kipanderson

RE: General Modding Question

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

"how does one accurately represent the manpower of a given side?"

You don't. If I have understood your question correctly.

What you do it build or include the correct TO&E and within that assume there is the correct manpower to go with said units. So if you take a Mech Infantry platoon you select the correct type of IFV and squad you wish for from the choices available for that date and then trust that under the bonnet the correct manpower is modeled.

All the best,
Kip.
PS. I found the editor is superb. If you slowly and carefully go through the scenario creation process as per the manual, stage by stage exactly as given your first efforts should end happily.

wstraka

Post by wstraka »

Kip,

Thank you for your response. Upon re-reading my post I think I should have said 'how does one feel that the unit strengths for represented units are accurate for the scenario.' I understand how to do the mechanics of it. I just have never felt comfortable with unit strengths (or unit morale for that matter). For example, how often was a given Soviet motorized rifle battalion at full (TO&E) strength? I don't see my question as much of an issue in a hypothetical scenario, but if one is modeling something historical, a half-strength unit or units versus 80% strength could be crucial. And my question is specific to Flashpoint Campaigns either. I'm posting it here because I think it is appropriate for a game of this (represented) scale.

Thanks again.

Bill
kipanderson

Post by kipanderson »

Bill,

apologies for assuming you did not know the system. But how to do more than just knock off squads and individual AFVs is above my skill level too[:)].

All the best,
Kip.
Ardi

Post by Ardi »

I hope I understoond you correctly, that you want to decrease number of subunits within a single company or platoon? It can be done via right-clicking on subunits icon and deleting some of them or marking them as destroyed or fallen out. Showed that in the picture below. I beleive you can represent the decrease of manpower within a unit just by reducing it to the appropriate number of squads and vehicle pieces (since number of people in vehicle/squads are shown in the subunit inspector).
Not sure why you've mentioned morale of the unit, I don't believe morale and readiness represent any kind of TOE or manpower in the game. Correct me if I got you wrong.

Attachments
.jpg
.jpg (497.12 KiB) Viewed 110 times
wstraka

Post by wstraka »

Ardi,

Thanks for your response. My question probably hasn't been stated very clearly, the mechanics of adjusting wasn't what I was looking for, but thank you anyway for the time and effort in your post. I think I've found my answer though.

Bill

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”