Feature request for patch

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

James Taylor

RE: Feature request for patch

Post by James Taylor »

I'm with you o_guy, air units get the most highly rated commanders and the easiest targets, at first.

Later, their attacks can be devastating, teched up with experience, to unravel the toughest enemy positions.

Most valuable units on the map, except in inclement weather.
SeaMonkey
ILCK

Post by ILCK »

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

I'm with you o_guy, air units get the most highly rated commanders and the easiest targets, at first.

Later, their attacks can be devastating, teched up with experience, to unravel the toughest enemy positions.

I've been hip deep in the Russian winter a lot in my recent playing so it has affected my view of what needs HQ support.
mavraamides

Post by mavraamides »

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

Yeah same here. I feel that tactical bombers especially are the most important units in the game.
They get first grab at research, upgrades, reinforcements and attached to my best HQ's before everyone else.
Malor

Post by Malor »

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

Thanks all for these suggestions, there are some we'll add to the 'update' list for sure

Playing in windowed mode is already on the list (and close to the top of 'things to be done') so hopefully it will come but we'd like to get PBEM done first

regards
Ben Wilkins

Glad to hear this Ben. Sometime in the future is fine, PBEM will generate more sales so I understand that priority first.
Malor
TangSooDo

Post by TangSooDo »

When playing the Allies, the US has two decision events regarding aid to the USSR - spend 40 MPP's per turn to deliver 80 MPP's. These are badly needed by the Soviets until the tide begins to turn against Germany. Then it would be nice if the US could turn off one or both of those supply spigots and beat the Russkies to Berlin! I find no way to do that now.
morelyn

Post by morelyn »

ORIGINAL: Winslow

When playing the Allies, the US has two decision events regarding aid to the USSR - spend 40 MPP's per turn to deliver 80 MPP's. These are badly needed by the Soviets until the tide begins to turn against Germany. Then it would be nice if the US could turn off one or both of those supply spigots and beat the Russkies to Berlin! I find no way to do that now.

Yes, there are actually several decisions that I wish you could reverse after time has passed, but without seeing the code, it seems to me that wouldn't be an easy thing to add.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Bylandt11

Post by Bylandt11 »

An extra level of zoom is needed. Currently it is hard to read the numbers on the units. Or to see certain terrain features like rivers when units are on or near them.
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

Add a possibility to import an image file as an overlay or layer to editor, this should allow any new Map design to be quicker
Malor

Post by Malor »

ORIGINAL: Winslow

+1. Once the Soviets start producing, they have more than they can spend. The US actually needs the MPPs more, especially if they are sending them to the UK.

Malor
ibafoo2

Post by ibafoo2 »

I agree, I've spent more than an hour trying to figure out what the weather is, and now i realize it's not me, playing in a lower resolution I can't see it, I have to infer it from the graphics. Sandstorms are pretty easy, but why is this not obvious? Games 1/10 as good as this one have the weather real visible.

And, while I'm at this, where can I see the current date? The only work around I've found it to start to save the current game and then it tells me what date it is before i save the file. Why is the current date clearly visible at all times?

The game is great, but it seems like you did not have idiots like me beta test it.....

[:)]
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: ibafoo2

And, while I'm at this, where can I see the current date? The only work around I've found it to start to save the current game and then it tells me what date it is before i save the file. Why is the current date clearly visible at all times?

Hi

Does the date not appear in the top right of the screen while you're playing a turn?
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Mike Dubost

Post by Mike Dubost »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

Hi

Does the date not appear in the top right of the screen while you're playing a turn?

Well, are you looking for the date with or without a unit selected? I find that the date and most of the interface buttons vanish while a unit is selected, and only re-appear after I de-select the unit. Could it be that is the answer?
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

Hi,
should infantery weapons and advance tank not raise attack and defense values against transport (landings?). I mean, if I had a better gun, I could defend or attack better a landing force.

Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Your landunits don`t fight against transports, unless they`re in ports like other ships. When the amphibs have landed, they are unloaded and landunits again. The attackvalue against any ships in ports is satisfying imho.

Another case is where amphibs are attacking coastal defenses directly before unloaded; in this case they`re able to attack twice.

I`m in doubt if amphibious research also stiffens the defenses against attacks by sea or amphibs.

VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

I was thinking for coastal defence would this be needed, because the amphibious troops are target as transport. So if I attack a port/coast unit, you need to defend against that.

Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

I want all of these things!
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

I agree, I've spent more than an hour trying to figure out what the weather is, and now i realize it's not me, playing in a lower resolution I can't see it, I have to infer it from the graphics. Sandstorms are pretty easy, but why is this not obvious? Games 1/10 as good as this one have the weather real visible.

The game is great, but it seems like you did not have idiots like me beta test it.....

Hi Ibafoo2,

The issue here is one of real estate, or the lack thereof in terms of space on the screen to fit all of that information in for lower resolution monitors.

But this is something that I'll look into improving.

Hubert

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”