Should I get the game?

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

towerbooks3192

Should I get the game?

Post by towerbooks3192 »

I am used to the turn-based games from this site and I have heard of Gettysburg and this game. I wanted to expand my war game library and heck I want to play a game about Napoleon. Total War isn't really my thing and the first thing that came to mind when I saw this game was total war but from the videos, they are saying that this is more of a thinking man's game so that sounds good. As someone unfamiliar with Gettysburg and the mechanics in this game, why should I get it and how is the replayability of this game? Is the game heavy with stats or it is focused more on positioning and whatnot? The game really looks good and I love the sound of the soldiers marching around and those musket fires are music to my ears.
et ignobiles oblivio
zakblood

RE: Should I get the game?

Post by zakblood »

i'd say make your own mind up with a video on the battle action here

tm.asp?m=3883664
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

i'd say make your own mind up with a video on the battle action here

tm.asp?m=3883664

That convinced me. Got it last night and I sunk a few hours on it. I seem to get how to move the troops around and now I have to read up more on the setting and figure out some strategies.

I am loving it and the musketfire is music to my ears.
et ignobiles oblivio
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

glad to hear it, enjoy your new game, and come on and ask what ever you like, some one will always reply.

if me,

sometimes i'm even correct[X(][8|][;)][:D]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

glad to hear it, enjoy your new game, and come on and ask what ever you like, some one will always reply.

if me,

sometimes i'm even correct[X(][8|][;)][:D]

Cheers. So far I finished the Chateau de Gomont brigade scenario for the French. Saw some weird things like troops running through the walls and whatnot. I am a bit confused about how to capture places where troops have fortified but I would assume shelling the fortified place in to oblivion would work? I am also trying to figure out when to use the formations and how to make the most of it plus the other commands such as volleyfire.

So far I am liking it and I would practice commanding huge divisions until I am confident to do a full army. The only thing that kinda disappointed me is that the game is named Waterloo so it will only be Waterloo so none of Napoleon's other battles such as Marengo, Austerlitz or Borodino.
et ignobiles oblivio
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Troops running through walls? Sacre bleu! Zees eees wrong mon ami, no?
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”