SE Units: GC West Scenarios

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

pnzrgnral

SE Units: GC West Scenarios

Post by pnzrgnral »

Ok, diving into the western front GC scenarios for the first time. After the '41 East campaign ends, the option to switch to 42/43 west is given: done. Import core force? Done. Cap on deployable core units, excepting existing SE units: recognized. Now, here's my question: when starting the first 42/43 West scenario, I haven't been able to get a new, annual (for 1942) SE unit. I might have run the scenario start a hundred times, yet no new SE unit. Same goes for the Syracuse scenario, which is the first in 1943 - no SE unit. So, is there a cap on SE units in the West campaigns? Do I need to wait for the 44 or 45 campaigns? What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte
Razz1

RE: SE Units: GC West Scenarios

Post by Razz1 »

There is a 33 % chance to receive a SE unit.

I believe the cap is 3 or 5 units.
pnzrgnral

RE: SE Units: GC West Scenarios

Post by pnzrgnral »

Razz, thanks for the input. I had an idea so I checked it out after getting to the 44 West Campaign (and an SE unit was generated). I went back and looked at the 42/43 West Campaign start. In the monologue, it states that the SE cap - for 42 & 43 combined - is four(4) SE units. That's what I missed. The 44 West cap is five(5) SE units. In the East campaigns, 42 would be 5, 43, six, etc. I infer from the 42/43 premise that to play this campaign, you're not only acting as the "fire brigade," to include the reduction in core units and loss of accumulated prestige, but the low level of prestige allowable for the duration of the campaign - plus the reduction of permissible SE acquisitions vis-à-vis East campaigns - make the West front campaign a challenge. Probably to reflect the real-world challenge Germany faced when engaged in a two-front war.
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte

Return to “Panzer Corps”