Changing platoon commanders

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

zzsteven

Changing platoon commanders

Post by zzsteven »

When reasigning transportation units to my engineer platoon, one of the 251/1 units took over command of the platoon. Not sure why this happened unless it was because the 251/1 had a higher rank ( 1Lt. ) than the engineer (2Lt.). Short of killing off the 251, how do I reasign command back to the ' L0' unit?

Thanks,
zz
Raskolnikov

Reassigning command

Post by Raskolnikov »

I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but it has solved similar ones for me in the past.
  1. Assign the current (unwanted) HQ unit to another formation.
  2. Keep assigning until the HQ unit is x0 - or whatever unit you want as HQ.
  3. Then, reattach the detached units to the formation.
  4. Hopefully, x0 should remain HQ.
    [/list=1]

Raskolnikov
veni, vidi, nates calce concidi
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

An easier way to do this is to save the game during the deployment stage, and open the "save" file using the Chlanda SPWaW Editor. You can now change the ranks of all units you want by clicking on "edit". For example, the 1st Lt of that SPW platoon can be demoted to a Sgt. You could even make your A0 unit a General, if you wish. Save the edited file over the old one, open the game again, and reassign the edited units to new HQs. I use this feature frequently to cross-attach AT teams or MGs to individual platoons.
zzsteven

Post by zzsteven »

Thanks Roskolnikov.....I was considering using that method as a last resort too.

zz
zzsteven

Post by zzsteven »

An easier way to do this is to save the game during the deployment stage, and open the "save" file using the Chlanda SPWaW Editor. You can now change the ranks of all units you want by clicking on "edit". For example, the 1st Lt of that SPW platoon can be demoted to a Sgt. You could even make your A0 unit a General, if you wish. Save the edited file over the old one, open the game again, and reassign the edited units to new HQs. I use this feature frequently to cross-attach AT teams or MGs to individual platoons.

the Chlanda SPWaW editor????? i've already converted the file to a 'scene' file and put it into the scenerio folder...... haven't gone beyond that yet, been waiting for an answer to my question. What is the Chlanda SPWaW editor?

zz

EDIT: never mind I found the editor program, will figure this out eventually..... I hope. :)
zzsteven

Post by zzsteven »

Thanks for your help KG Erwin, that editor is a great program. Not only fixed my problem but found all kinds of interesting things to with it. :)

zz

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”