Playable without graphics card?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

SeanSask

Playable without graphics card?

Post by SeanSask »

Is MWiF playable on a computer with no graphics card (i.e. just motherboard integrated graphics)?
davidachamberlain

RE: Playable without graphics card?

Post by davidachamberlain »

Here are the System Requirements (from the manual):

OS: Windows XP, Win 7, Win 8 (I have a machine using Windows 10 and it is fine)
CPU: 1 GHz - 2Ghz recommended
RAM: 1GB - 2 GB recommended
Video/Graphics: 128 MB graphics memory, 512MB recommended
Sound card/speakers: Optional
CD-ROM: Not required (program can be downloaded).
Hard Disk: 4 GB - 12 GB recommended
DirectX Version: DirectX not used
Peripherals: Mouse and Keyboard
Others: Internet Connection for program updates (also for Netplay)

The fact that DirectX is not used is a major indication that just the operating system/system board graphics is adequate. This is not a video intensive game. You click on counters and move them around. If you can play a movie or look at photos on your machine, you won't have any problem.

You can also look at screen shots from the game on the forums. There are active games that have After Action Reports (AAR) that you can see images from those games.

Dave
SeanSask

Post by SeanSask »

Thanks Dave.

The system requirements in the manual are different than the ones posted on the website - the website refers to "32MB graphics card"

So I guess my concern is that when the game installs, it will attempt to detect a graphics card on my system (or a certain amount of graphics memory), fail to find any, thus causing the installation to fail. Any thoughts?
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

ORIGINAL: SeanSask

Thanks Dave.

The system requirements in the manual are different than the ones posted on the website - the website refers to "32MB graphics card"

So I guess my concern is that when the game installs, it will attempt to detect a graphics card on my system (or a certain amount of graphics memory), fail to find any, thus causing the installation to fail. Any thoughts?

Not sure what version of Windows you are using, but if you are using Windows 7 or greater, you can look at:

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Display > Adjust Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings (Adapter tab) to see your video capabilities. It might be a bit different, but you should be able to find these in that vicinity.

Most Windows capable machines (with pre-installation) will meet the requirements.

This is not like an action video game, so the requirements are not so severe.

Dave
juntoalmar

Post by juntoalmar »

I play this game in a MacBook Pro with a virtual machine that has only 512Mb of video memory (and I played previously on an old ASUS laptop). I suspect you would have no problems with a "normal" computer even if it's three or four years old (but I can't promise).

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: SeanSask

Is MWiF playable on a computer with no graphics card (i.e. just motherboard integrated graphics)?
I use a bare bones Dell system for testing NetPlay and it runs MWIF with no problems. That system does not have a separate graphics card - just the Intel motherboard graphics.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”