2016 Has Been A Golden Year For Strategy Games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

radic202

2016 Has Been A Golden Year For Strategy Games

Post by radic202 »

Interesting List! Glad to see some Fantasy based games there!

http://kotaku.com/2016-has-been-a-golde ... 1790349771

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Rodwonder

RE: 2016 Has Been A Golden Year For Strategy Games

Post by Rodwonder »

Nice article... Thanks!!!
Rod T DeMore
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Great article, thanks for posting! The Strategy gaming genre has always given us strat heads so many great games to play! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Eambar

Post by Eambar »

I spent some time with TW:Warhammer and had a blast. Wasn't sure what to expect but IMO it was the best since the original Medieval.

Offworld Trading Company looks interesting, I have it on my wishlist and will pick it up for the right price. Similarly, Stellaris is also there, one day I'll get around to it.

Still on the fence with HOI4 - I gave up on HOI3 in frustration so I might pick up IV in next year's winter sale.

Thanks for posting the link!

Cheers,
oninowon

Post by oninowon »

ORIGINAL: Doggie3

I spent some time with TW:Warhammer and had a blast. Wasn't sure what to expect but IMO it was the best since the original Medieval.

Offworld Trading Company looks interesting, I have it on my wishlist and will pick it up for the right price. Similarly, Stellaris is also there, one day I'll get around to it.

Still on the fence with HOI4 - I gave up on HOI3 in frustration so I might pick up IV in next year's winter sale.

Cheers,

I recommend you wait till they come out with a collector's edition which will contain all the DLCs. The other reason to wait is that their base game is usually very flawed and require patches. A big complaint of HOI IV has been the AI. Also, just be aware that if you found HOI III too complicated, HOI IV will be even more so. That company is known for adding more stuff in the next iteration and not really known for streamlining the game for the next iteration.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I'd wait on HOI IV also if I were you. Every version since HOI I has come down in price considerably and relatively fast to the release date of the series. I don't think I've paid over $4.99 for any version after HOI I and I didn't have to wait long, especially on III.
Eambar

Post by Eambar »

ORIGINAL: oninowon
ORIGINAL: Doggie3

Cheers,

I recommend you wait till they come out with a collector's edition which will contain all the DLCs. The other reason to wait is that their base game is usually very flawed and require patches. A big complaint of HOI IV has been the AI. Also, just be aware that if you found HOI III too complicated, HOI IV will be even more so. That company is known for adding more stuff in the next iteration and not really known for streamlining the game for the next iteration.

I didn't find HOI III complicated (I have a three year long WiTP:AE campaign going on so I'm ok with complexity), more the AI. I found the pathfinding to be terrible, trying to conduct my version of Barbarossa and the AI had my units going all over the place.

Definitely wait on that one until it's a better price.

Cheers,

Return to “General Discussion”