How to get the Images etc to show in DB Viewer?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Akmatov

How to get the Images etc to show in DB Viewer?

Post by Akmatov »

OK, followed instructions and downloaded the images and text descriptions for the simulator’s integrated Database Viewer, unzipped them into the folders directed and nothing. What in the instructions was left out or what did I maybe mess up?
Rory Noonan

RE: How to get the Images etc to show in DB Viewer?

Post by Rory Noonan »

Did you update the setting in the options dialog? (Sorry can't be more specific at the moment I'm on mobile)

It is labelled 'show database images' or similar.
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

not seeing 'show database images' under Game/Options

just poking around and I get images if I click on a unit on the map, but not with DB Viewer, seem odd

really late for both of us, thx for the help at such a time :)
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

OK, images show up if you are checking out a platform from the map, but still not if you are desiring to see them in the general DB Viewer, which seems really odd to me.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

OK, images show up if you are checking out a platform from the map, but still not if you are desiring to see them in the general DB Viewer, which seems really odd to me.

What is the path you are using for the DB3000 and the CWDB images?
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

Instructions:
Database Images & Descriptions Add-ons
How to use: Unzip to the [Command]\DB\ folder.

Using 'extract here' on DB3000 Images_2016_04_13.zip this is what is set up:
Steam\steamapps\common\Command Air Naval Operations\DB\DB3000 - within DB3000 are a LOT of aircraft and facility jpg and a folder 'Line Drawings'

Using 'extract here' on CWDB Images_2016_04_13.zip this is set up:
Steam\steamapps\common\Command Air Naval Operations\DB\CWDB - within CWDB are aircraft, facility, ship, submarine and weapon jpg

There is also a folder 'Images' which has a DB3000 and a CWDB folder within it. DB3000 has four what seem to be hypothetical platforms. CWDB has a large number, but not a full set, of a variety of platforms. Possibly 'Images' relates to a scenario I have load that I'm exploring.

I think I followed the instructions exactly. Thx for any help.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Akmatov, correct path is "...\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB\Images\" and in this folder are two subfolders "CWDB" and "DB3000" for individual images (*.jpg).

Attachments
Images.jpg
Images.jpg (96.76 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

thx for the fast response. As I mentioned (There is also a folder 'Images' which has a DB3000 and a CWDB folder within it. DB3000 has four jpg which seem to be hypothetical platforms. CWDB has a large number, but not a full set, of a variety of platforms. Possibly 'Images' relates to a scenario I have load that I'm exploring. ) I do have an Images folder, but with very few jpg compared to the full CWDB or DB3000. Should I copy the mass of missing jpg into \Images\CWDB or \DB3000?
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Yes, you can copy images from "Database Images & Descriptions Add-ons" into ...Images\CWDB and ...Images\DB3000 subfolders. Beware that not all units in the database (CWDB or DB3000) also have the corresponding images in add-ons.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

thx for the fast response. As I mentioned (There is also a folder 'Images' which has a DB3000 and a CWDB folder within it. DB3000 has four jpg which seem to be hypothetical platforms. CWDB has a large number, but not a full set, of a variety of platforms. Possibly 'Images' relates to a scenario I have load that I'm exploring. ) I do have an Images folder, but with very few jpg compared to the full CWDB or DB3000. Should I copy the mass of missing jpg into \Images\CWDB or \DB3000?

As was mentioned, the correct path for the DB3000 images is C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB\Images\DB3000

For the CWDB images it is : C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB\Images\CWDB

That should give you both the database image, as well as a small thumbnail in the "Unit Status" window.

Of note, a new image package should be released very shortly, which will include around 8700 primary images for DB3000 and 3600 primary images for CWDB.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (146.52 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

1. a lot of us purchased Command from Steam so the "C:\Matrix Games" is wrong and potentially confusing.
2. on the page where the CWDB and DB3000 are available, the install instruction are "Unzip to the [Command]\DB\ folder". The Images folder is not mentioned.
3. Might I suggest that the Database Images & Descriptions Add-ons Page be corrected to indicate the correct location for these files?
4. Excited about the new update/additions in bound.
5. Thx for such prompt help
CV60

Post by CV60 »

1. a lot of us purchased Command from Steam so the "C:\Matrix Games" is wrong and potentially confusing.
2. on the page where the CWDB and DB3000 are available, the install instruction are "Unzip to the [Command]\DB\ folder". The Images folder is not mentioned.
3. Might I suggest that the Database Images & Descriptions Add-ons Page be corrected to indicate the correct location for these files?
4. Excited about the new update/additions in bound.
5. Thx for such prompt help

When the image package was originally released, there was no Steam version, so I didn't include Steam installation instructions. You raise a good point, however. I will try to include a Steam installation instructions in future versions. Also, always check the "README" file that is included with the image download. It gives up to date installation instructions.
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

README file - Opps - [8|]

My only defense is this is the first time in ages there is something useful there. But I totally spaced it.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

README file - Opps -

My only defense is this is the first time in ages there is something useful there. But I totally spaced it.

No problem. I've spaced README files also [:D] Let me know if you have any problems, and welcome to the community!

Return to “Tech Support”