Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lord_Calidor

RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates

Post by Lord_Calidor »

Resurrecting this thread as I'm just coming back to AE after a long time, and wanna take it easy, re-learning everything before maybe going for a PBEM, so I'm thinking about a Japan vs Allied AI game, scen 1 or 2... Having the latest official v1.124 patch, do I just install the updated scen 1/2 files from posts 10 & 11? Is there anything else needed, some updated files, AI routines etc?
Also, would they negate some of the fixes/changes from the latest patches?
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage.
szmike

Post by szmike »

I think scenario changes were included into latest official patch, but I'm not sure. Could anyone confirm?
rastignac

Post by rastignac »

For me it says the ironman scenario is corrupted file. can someone reupload please?
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

bump so it doesn't fall off page 1
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

THANKS this update finally works and corrects some issues [:)][&o]

AH the newest AI thread, this is great, cause I wanted to ask if the SCEN2 ANDY MAC update (which also corrects AA, super E´s and radar) also has the updated AI ? I do not want to play any "ironman" scen it is too "phantasy" for my taste. The scen2 also has more stuff (for IJ) but at least in the realm of historic possibility.

BUT: I wanted to ask if the SCEN2 ANDY MAC update (which also corrects AA, super E´s and radar) also has the updated AI ? I do not want to play any "ironman" scen it is too "phantasy" for my taste. The scen2 also has more stuff (for IJ) but at least in the realm of historic possibility.

IF NOT, is there a download for the AI for SCEN2 [&:]

Cause:
Perhaps I want to start over my current Allied AI game cause it seems the AI is still too "suicidal" and air group behaviour also "strange". And some other stuff... I started this with the latest official scen2 some months ago for a fast game besides the PBM and thought this would be already updated. Turned out not...I also made some changes in a mod - which I will upload perhaps later (based on the last 2 AI thread and the "more worthwhile" stuff threads This means you will get less stuff and not add Klingon bird of preys ships :)

AND WTF is this not on the main page along with the AI updates [&:] Also I was looking in the scens forum for this not in the tech one [:-]
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

What I would find helpful are some optimized Jap AI files to make the most out of the historical situation & capacities.
I had played with all AI files and saw silly attempts by Japan like a big convoy that did seem to head for New Caledonia and was smashed by me because that area was my stagging ground for future operations and was filled with a lot assets, such attempts could only work with a totally clueless & bad US player. These attempts also seem to be bad because the AI lacked behind the historical schedule in some places like the Philippines, the Dutch East Indies and Burma.
But I saw good things like Guadalcanal being secured by a lot Japanese forces, this kind of behavior that is within the capabilities of Japan is what I would like to see in a set of optimized AI files. This would be more challenging for a good US player but would still note waste Japanese assets for futile attempts.

This is typical for IJ AI in THE OLD versions, I played 2 Allied games and it was always the same. They sail to Pearl Harbour or right in your big bases at Suva, Lugan etc. I guess (not tried) the new AI (at historical) will correct that. I also hope the new Allied AI is better, we will find out....[:)] Great support by the team btw (only a bot confusing for normal humans like me to find all the different and new versions of scens and AI, perhaps make a new thread on the MAIN page so everyone can find them easy and also add an oversight text with short desciption of every scen/AI file. Just an idea I was able to hunt this stuff down now a week ago - could have been easier. But I am half blind, so... it is possible only me [;)])
Three63

Post by Three63 »

I'm still confused how do I download 18 and install it. I can't open it and I have no clue how to change it to a exe.
Three63 of The Blitz Wargaming Club
http://www.theblitz.org/
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Three63

I'm still confused how do I download 18 and install it. I can't open it and I have no clue how to change it to a exe.

Are you looking for scenario data updates or the latest beta for the game?....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

ericv

Post by ericv »

This doesn't mean anything I guess. You can guesstimate the first 20 just by looking at the nationality.

Stopped after that.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Official scenarios 1-25, database change for Allies.

Andy Mac, Wirraway and C-12 Boomerang need database changes.

The discussion (starting from post #41)
tm.asp?m=3852047&mpage=2�

Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

Hello,

So the update took, despite not telling me so, but now my settings are back to the tiny screen settings which slows the game down to such a slow rate that that is unplayable.

Isn't there a code that I could obtain to set it back to a normal screen size?

Thank you.
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
Gormadoc

Post by Gormadoc »

Iam unsure i installed the scenario 1 update.

What are the easiest way to verify Install.
Date on scen 1 files in scen folder?
Gormadoc

Post by Gormadoc »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Official scenarios 1-25, database change for Allies.
Official scenarios 1 - 25???
My game only has scenarios from 1 - 14

Its fully upgraded to last official patch and latest beta aswell.

When i DL scenario 15 - 19 from this thread i get a message that file are unknow or damaged when trying to extract them with Winrar 64 bit

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

There aren't 25 published official scenarios.  The first 25 scenario slots are reserved for official scenarios only.  Player created scenarios are placed in slots 26 and above.

Read closely the start of this thread.  The uploaded scenarios have to be renamed from .zip to .exe before installing.

Alfred  
Exinfernis

RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates errors

Post by Exinfernis »

Running into a lil problem once I try to download the unofficial Scen 10 and inspite following the detailed guidelines by Don Quixote.

After "Save As" - All Files I rename to "New Scenario 10.exe". Upon trying to extract into the /SCEN folder I get

C:\Users\Xofternis\Desktop\New Scenario 10.exe.zip

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

Using Win 7 Ult and have to r-click to bring the "Save As" option up but I think this is hardly the cause of the problem.

Quite certain I am overlooking something realy simple but feel merciful please :)
In time, nothing matters
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Exinfernis

Running into a lil problem once I try to download the unofficial Scen 10 and inspite following the detailed guidelines by Don Quixote.

After "Save As" - All Files I rename to "New Scenario 10.exe". Upon trying to extract into the /SCEN folder I get

C:\Users\Xofternis\Desktop\New Scenario 10.exe.zip

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

Using Win 7 Ult and have to r-click to bring the "Save As" option up but I think this is hardly the cause of the problem.

Quite certain I am overlooking something realy simple but feel merciful please :)
Sometimes compressed .zip files are created with a small unzip utility attached that lets anyone unzip them whether they have the full zip utility or not. These compressed files have a .exe ending. You still have to extract them by just running the file.
The other possibility is that the file is already just the raw .exe file and the ".zip" part of the file name was added to get around a block on downloading .exe files. Just delete the .zip portion of the file name and run the file.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
btd64

Post by btd64 »

What scenario slot did you use?....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Exinfernis

Post by Exinfernis »

I seem to be unable to run the file as is. How do I delete the .zip ending? - excuse the ignorance.

@btd64

I intend to update Scen 10 - Ironman(stock) to firstly the latest unofficial version of Andy's, then overlay that with the Nasty variant (vs. Japan AI). I am up to scratch with the latest Beta.
In time, nothing matters
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

this update is for ironman?

Return to “Tech Support”