This game is for people with good eyes

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

saber255

This game is for people with good eyes

Post by saber255 »

Let me first say I really like this game .But having trouble seeing things like rail lines the numbers on the units
the flags of there country and so on .Even when I mouse on a hex it does not show that there is a rail there.that would be
a help .so I guess my question is.Is there anyway to in large any of this .The old Sargents eyes are not what they use to be
thank you
James Taylor

RE: This game is for people with good eyes

Post by James Taylor »

Even with good eyes, I can still thread a needle, sometimes its difficult to discern specifics.
SeaMonkey
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: saber1

Let me first say I really like this game .But having trouble seeing things like rail lines the numbers on the units
the flags of there country and so on .Even when I mouse on a hex it does not show that there is a rail there.that would be
a help .so I guess my question is.Is there anyway to in large any of this .The old Sargents eyes are not what they use to be
thank you

Had cataracts removed 20 years ago, the doctor must have put in good lenses, or it is my monitor which is a 7 year old Dell 2309W using 1152x864 resolution, the picture is sharp and clear and have no trouble seeing roads, railways, little white numbers on units etc. could not be happier, and these are not young eyes [:(]

Bo
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

My overall impress is that everything is for people with good eyes.
Something you start to realize once you find out that even the mole on the hill next to you has better eyesight than yourself.
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
bo

Post by bo »

"Moles are not blind, as most people believe. They do have eyes and internal ears, but these are very small to prevent them being clogged up and damaged during tunnelling. Although they can see, the mole's eyesight is poor, with no ability to detect colours, just light from dark and movement."

Please Mr. Xwormwood do not tell me the mole on the hill has better eyes than you, [:(] the quote from above is from an animal pamphlet informing the readers about moles eyes.

My uncle once said "I lost all my hair, all my teeth are gone, I need bifocals but still can't see, have a hearing aid but still don't hear well, I am no better than a worm in the garden, oh well! [:@]

Bo
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: saber1

thank you

Can it be played in Window Mode? If so you can go into control panel and launch the handicap program to turn on a magnifier you can place at the top of a window and resize the window so it doesn't interfere with the game. I use it all the time for several games now. I have to shrink the window about an inch ana quarter maybe but at least I can see what I'm doing and read the ridiculous small font developers are putting into games nowadays.
saber255

Post by saber255 »

Yes thank you I was able to change it through windows so now I play it 1280x762 so I can read everything now. Big difference
Bylandt11

Post by Bylandt11 »

I agree with the OP. It's very hard te read some numbers. Even terrain features, like rivers, are hard to see without further zoom.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

it was an issue which was brought up, and for me still a valid point, with any counter type game, add it too much detail onto a counter, and then you make it harder for some to use and see, one more zoom level maybe would do it for me, to be perfect that is
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

changing the resolution to a lower one will enlarge the details
"Tanks forward"
dox44

Post by dox44 »

may want to try the display changer

http://12noon.com/?page_id=80

after install

right click on desktop icon and in the target line before SC location add

"C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe" -width=1024 -height=768 /c

or whatever size you desire. handles display for that .exe

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”