Submitted Scenarios

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

rico21

BIG CATS AT BAY

Post by rico21 »

BIG CATS AT BAY
GOLZOW, GERMANY, 22 March 1945: The Vistula battle lost, the remnants of the German army reorganized behind the
Oder-Neisse river, in the vain hope to stop the Red Army. The situation was even worse since the 5th Shock Army already
secured a bridgehead on the western side of the Oder. The battle was raging inside Kuestrin. The 56th Panzer Corps was
assigned to stop the Russians without delay.A Kampfgruppe was built and deployed on both sides of the highway that linked
Kuestrin to Berlin. No less than 28 Tiger II and 28 Panthers where assigned to the Kampfgruppe. The morning of the March
22nd, at 0600, the Russian steamroller started again. The front blazed up and the first German lines where flattened
under a shower of shells and rockets during more than 90 minutes. Nevertheless, when then Russians met the defense, the
Grenadiers offered a stiff resistance. Only a few tanks where able to make it through. Two armored arrows where repulsed
by the Panthers and Tiger II. The Russians suffered heavy losses and did not wait long before withdrawing. At the same
time, north of this battle, a third Russian group headed toward Golzow. The village hosted the Battalion HQ and was only
very lightly defended by five Panthers from the recon group supported by a thin Grenadier company. Still, the German
commandant decided to take up the challenge...

Russian : --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS (12 hexes)
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Scenario ASL TAC 49 ]
Attachments
BigCatsAtBay.zip
(28.24 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
rico21

Singling

Post by rico21 »

Singling
Lorraine, December 6th 1944
The Task Force of Major Abrams of the 4th Armored Division receives the order to take the villages of Singling and
Bining, located South-East of Sarreguemine, that represents an ideal observation place for Germans artillerymen. The
zone is defended by some elements of the 11th Panzer which just relieved the Panzer Lehr. It is the B Company of the
51st Mechanized Infantry Battalion under Captain Leach, supported by the M4 Sherman of the B Company of the 37th Tank
Battalion which is ordered to clean Singling. At 10.15 AM, after the traditional artillery barrage, the American
Infantrymen, climbed on the tanks (the ground is too waterlogged for halftracks), run to the German positions. The
Americans will take control of the village after some fierce fights. But they will have to retreat at night because of
the impossibility of holding Singling due to their heavy casualties.

American : --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS (10 hexes)
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Batailles et Blindés n°20 + ASL SCENARIO ASLUG5 ]
Attachments
Singling.zip
(25.33 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Hailstone

RE: BIG CATS AT BAY

Post by Hailstone »

I had the strangest thing happen during the first turn of BIG CATS AT BAY. Every Russian tank was destroyed! Two of the tanks had doubled the ROF and killed twice. The rest of the German tanks killed the rest off with no misses. The marksmanship of those German tanks is beyond belief and I thought the game was over in one turn. I moved everybody northward in search of any stray Russian units to make sure the game was over but then came the Russian re-inforcements and caught me with my pants down with the German infantry in the open and the halftracks with their asses in the air. Yet, by turn 3 all the Russian units were neutralized and the game was finally over. Never had I experienced such a crazy scenario.
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Killing the "big cats" requires a level of tactical finesse I am afraid the AI just cannot achieve [;)].

The T-34/85s have little chance to succesfully perform a frontal assault against Panthers: I learned this the hard way, losing 4 of them in Turn 1 of this scenario to a single Panther that fired twice in in the German Defensive Fire and twice in the subsequent Fire Segment, achieving four hits and four kills [:(] [:(] [:(] [:(]. I expected to overwhelm it with a massive tank-wave, but my not-so-subtle plan failed.

I subsequently made a "test-fire" scenario and I found the chances of killing a Panther firing on its front aspect with a T-34/85 are very slim (even when using APCR).

[Can a moderator move these last two posts to a specific thread about Rico's great scenario?]
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Sorry can't move posts
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: UP844

Killing the "big cats" requires a level of tactical finesse I am afraid the AI just cannot achieve [;)].

The T-34/85s have little chance to succesfully perform a frontal assault against Panthers: I learned this the hard way, losing 4 of them in Turn 1 of this scenario

Had almost the same experience. I was able to send 1 T-34/85 around to the rear of 1 of the 2 Panthers wreaking havoc on the Ruskies. On the next turn (2 or 3) I lost 1 to the frontal assault but KIAd a Panther using a rear shot with APCR. I lost 5 T-34/85s by turn 3 to just 1 Panther.
JRR
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I thought the AI Germans set up very well and took good shots (with almost auto KIAs) at the Russian Tanks. It was definitely a fun tough play against the AI.
JRR
rico21

BIG CATS AT BAY II

Post by rico21 »

BIG CATS AT BAY II
GOLZOW, GERMANY, 22 March 1945: The Vistula battle lost, the remnants of the German army reorganized behind the
Oder-Neisse river, in the vain hope to stop the Red Army. The situation was even worse since the 5th Shock Army already
secured a bridgehead on the western side of the Oder. The battle was raging inside Kuestrin. The 56th Panzer Corps was
assigned to stop the Russians without delay.A Kampfgruppe was built and deployed on both sides of the highway that linked
Kuestrin to Berlin. No less than 28 Tiger II and 28 Panthers where assigned to the Kampfgruppe. The morning of the March
22nd, at 0600, the Russian steamroller started again. The front blazed up and the first German lines where flattened
under a shower of shells and rockets during more than 90 minutes. Nevertheless, when then Russians met the defense, the
Grenadiers offered a stiff resistance. Only a few tanks where able to make it through. Two armored arrows where repulsed
by the Panthers and Tiger II. The Russians suffered heavy losses and did not wait long before withdrawing. At the same
time, north of this battle, a third Russian group headed toward Golzow. The village hosted the Battalion HQ and was only
very lightly defended by five Panthers from the recon group supported by a thin Grenadier company. Still, the German
commandant decided to take up the challenge...

Russian(AI) : --> [- : German
Russian AI put three laps to preposition its troops for the final assault

Scenario Length: 5 Game Turns - LOS (12 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Scenario ASL TAC 49 ]
Attachments
BigCatsAtBayII.zip
(28.49 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Big Ivan

JP004: Volturno Days

Post by Big Ivan »

For this Scenario creation I decided to take a small vacation from my love of the Eastern Front and relax for a while in Italy.

JP004: Volturno Days: 4th November 1943, Volturno River, Central Italy.

History: When the British broke out of the Salerno beachhead they continued their advance up the center and eastern
side of the Italian boot. As the approached the Volturno River it was decieded they would bounce across at several
crossing points. The German 1st FJ Division was defending the area of the Volturno and had orders to stop the Allies
from crossing. Failing that, the 1st FJ would fight a rearguard back to more defensible positions at Monti Cassino.

Units Human Players (AI player units may vary)
German: Squads, LMG, MMG, HMG, PF, AFV, OBA
British: Squads, LMG, MMG, Light MTR, Demo Charge, OBA, AFV

Maps: Three maps

Terrain: Rural with Water and River, Hills and Town

Scenario Length: 12 Game Turns

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides get VPs for owning VP Objectives
at the end of the scenario and killing enemy units.

Scenario Designer: J.M. Pirman [Big Ivan]

Attachments
JP004VolturnoDays.zip
(35.17 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
rico21

Frankenstein vs Up844

Post by rico21 »

A bridge too close
Normandy, france, July , 1944
I play this scenario a very long time and I only remember one thing: Surprise,surprise...

British : --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns - LOS (14 Hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Unknow ]
Attachments
Abridgetooclose.zip
(23.8 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Big Ivan

Aprilia Settlement

Post by Big Ivan »

Hello again TotH Comrades, Well, I'm back in Italy again with this new one.

JP005: Aprilia Settlement: 11th February 1944. Central Italy.

History: As the Anzio Bridgehead expansion drew to a halt, the much anticipated German
counterattacks began. The primary attacks concentrated around the village of Carroceto, the
Albano-Anzio highway and the Aprilia settlement known to the Allies as "The Factory". After
repeated engagements, the Aprilia settlement finally fell to the Germans on the 9th. Knowing
the importance of this settlement and the threats it presented to the Allied defense of
Carroceto, the US 45th Infantry Division was ordered to retake the settlement and restore the
situation.

Play Mode: Best played as Americans against Computer German, normal or hard difficulty.

Units Human Players (AI player units may vary)
German: Squads, LMG, MMG, PF, AFV, OBA
American: Squads, MMG, .50-cal HMG, Bazooka, AFV

Map: Up direction is north, two maps (1x2).

Special Rule: The Germans have three fortified building locations.

Terrain: Rural and Town.

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns.

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides get VPs for
owning VP Objectives at the end of the scenario.

Scenario Designer: John M. Pirman [Matrix Callsign: Big Ivan]

Attachments
JP005Apri..ttlement.zip
(25.64 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
fuselex

RE: Aprilia Settlement

Post by fuselex »

Had fun with JP005.
And always have fun with all the scenario`s.
Thanks Big Ivan :)
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

My pleasure fuselex, glad you had fun with it![:)]
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Had fun with JP005.
And always have fun with all the scenario`s.
Thanks Big Ivan :)

+1[&o]
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Glad you had fun with it to rico!![;)]

I don't seem to have time to play as much as I would like. But time enough to make a scenario, test it and post it for all to enjoy!

There are a couple of your creations: "The Capture of Balta" and "Barkman Corner" I'd like to try when I get some time. Good stuff all around!

Cheers!

Big Ivan

dox44

Post by dox44 »

Thanks to all for the scenarios!

great fun...casebier
rico21

Pointe du Hoc (1/3)

Post by rico21 »

Pointe du Hoc
Pointe du Hoc is a promontory with a 100 ft (30 m) cliff overlooking the English Channel on the coast of Normandy in
northern France. During World War II it was the highest point between Utah Beach to the west and Omaha Beach to the
east. The German army fortified the area with concrete casemates and gun pits. Pointe du Hoc lies 4 mi (6.4 km) west of
the center of Omaha Beach.As part of the Atlantic Wall fortifications, the prominent cliff top location was fortified
by the Germans. The battery was initially built in 1943 to house six captured French First World War vintage GPF 155mm
K418(f) guns positioned in open concrete gun pits. The battery was occupied by the 2nd Battery of Army Coastal Artillery
Regiment 1260 (2/HKAA.1260).To defend the promontory from attack, elements of the 352nd Infantry Division were stationed
at the battery.On D-Day (6 June 1944) the United States Army Ranger Assault Group assaulted and captured Pointe du Hoc
after scaling the cliffs.

American 2nd Ranger Battalion (Colonel Rudder) : --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 5 Game Turns - LOS (14 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ "Flames of War" ]
Attachments
PointeduHoc.zip
(24.18 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
rico21

Backs to the Sea(PdH2/3)

Post by rico21 »

Backs to the Sea
American Rangers had scaled the cliffs at Pointe-du-Hoc only to find the coastal battery guns there gone from their
casemates. But once atop the cliff, there was no returning to the sea. The Rangers set up a perimeter to await their
relief at the hands of the 116th Infantry. Given all that was happening around them, the Germans were slow to react and
mounted their first serious push against the isolated Americans around 1600 hours. . .

German : --> [- : American 2nd Ranger Battalion (Colonel Rudder)

Scenario Length: 7 Game Turns - LOS (16 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ "SL Scenario A19" ]
Attachments
BackstotheSea.zip
(24.14 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
rico21

Saint-Pierre-du-Mont(PdH3/3)

Post by rico21 »

Saint-Pierre-du-Mont
On June 6, 1944, the 2nd Ranger Battalion (29th Infantry Division) stormed the German battery by climbing the
cliff. Throughout the day, the Germans of Grenadier-Regiment 916, 352. Infantry-Division counterattack
from Saint-Pierre-du-Mont towards the battery and manage to contain the American soldiers.
On 7 June 1944 at 11 am, the 5th Ranger Battalion commanded by Lieutenant-Colonel Max F. Schneider, 1st Battalion
of the 116th Infantry Regiment of Lieutenant-Colonel John A. Metcalfe and 10 Sherman tanks from 743rd Tank Squadron B
Battalion reach the eastern edge of Saint-Pierre-du-Mont. Shootings were exchanged with the Germans who
still the area, a precision shooter stationed in the church steeple is taken to task by American tanks
which partially destroy the building. Attacked along the coastal road and bombed by mortar shells, these
elements choose to retreat at the height of Saint-Pierre-du-Mont for the night, having lost 40 of theirs. The
next day, June 8, at 10 am, the Americans break through the German line and establish liaison with the survivors
from the 2nd Ranger Battalion to Pointe du Hoc.

American : --> [- : German

Scenario Length: 5 Game Turns - LOS (16 hexes)
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ From ASL Scenario S5 ]
Attachments
SaintPierreduMont.zip
(22.22 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Rosseau

RE: Saint-Pierre-du-Mont(PdH3/3)

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks for all the nice Christmas presents!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”