New Scenario for Testing: SC Andes Mallorca Ep 101 - 2011

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Primarchx

New Scenario for Testing: SC Andes Mallorca Ep 101 - 2011

Post by Primarchx »

[The Strike Commander story goes on, with the Wildcats now deploying to war-torn South America. Follows SC Turkey Ep 101 - 2011]

Background

The past twenty years has seen unprecedented world-wide upheaval with the uncivil fracturing of the Soviet Union, failed interventions in the Mid-East and continental environmental disasters. Across the globe old political orders fall, energy resources dwindle and economies collapse. Mercenaries become a commonplace tool as governments and powerful corporations vie among each other to protect or assert their interests.

Andes Mallorca, August 2011

The Wildcats have taken a contract supporting Generalissimo Jorge Mendez in Andes Mallorca. His country came to the aid of Ecuador after it was invaded by Peru. Mendez is seen as a uniting force in war-torn South America. And he pays in gold bullion. With their strike base established near Cali, the Wildcats are tasked with assisting the Andes Mallorcan Air Force in striking a Peruvian armored attack at the front.

Look what Santa brought! :> Put a couple of surprises in this one as I'm starting to get a hang for Lua. Have fun and let me know what you think.

ETA - file updated
Attachments
SC AM 101.zip
(60.92 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Coiler12

RE: New Scenario for Testing: SC Andes Mallorca Ep 101 - 2011

Post by Coiler12 »

Ok, played it and got crushed. I think I'm more used to bigger/more conventional missions where I can be hands-off, unlike more the more micro-y stuff here. Other than that, I had two issues:

-Several friendly units are readying, but have ready times in excess of two hours, making them unavailable until after the scenario ends.
-When my ground attack aircraft finally reached the target area, I got "cloud cover is too low" error messages, so you might want to improve the weather.
Primarchx

RE: New Scenario for Testing: SC Andes Mallorca Ep 101 - 2011

Post by Primarchx »

ORIGINAL: Coiler12

Ok, played it and got crushed. I think I'm more used to bigger/more conventional missions where I can be hands-off, unlike more the more micro-y stuff here. Other than that, I had two issues:

-Several friendly units are readying, but have ready times in excess of two hours, making them unavailable until after the scenario ends.
-When my ground attack aircraft finally reached the target area, I got "cloud cover is too low" error messages, so you might want to improve the weather.

No hands off with these. They're meant to emulate missions from a combat flight sim, so get ready to get micro. These will likely get progressively more difficult.

- You only have 2 a/c at the base and 2 more in flight for this mission. The ones in prep at the base are set that way intentionally and not available for use. The mission is only a couple of hours long.

- The cloud cover has been raised to allow for LGBs up to 25k'. Wanted to go for buddy lasing but that didn't appear to work. Not sure why, it's worked in the past.

Updated file in first post.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”