Supply movement

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

Supply movement

Post by Chris21wen »

Somewhere in the far reaches of my mind I thought supply moved between adjacent (in hexes) bases at the road rate irrespective of terrain. E.g. in the pic from Ledo SW. Now I might be confusing this with some other game which is why I can't find the answer.

Oops I said SE should have been SW

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Trugrit

RE: Supply movement

Post by Trugrit »

Nope,

There is a cost for terrain.

Table on page 189 of the manual.

"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
szmike

Post by szmike »

Naval bases sharing edge can supply each other with amount depending on lower port level.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Is that scenario 49?
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Somewhere in the far reaches of my mind I thought supply moved between adjacent (in hexes) bases at the road rate irrespective of terrain. E.g. in the pic from Ledo SE. Now I might be confusing this with some other game which is why I can't find the answer.

There are a few places on the map where the flow seems better than the terrain would indicate - between Miri and Brunei for example. In stock I have been developing the oil and refinery at Miri and the supply generated by the refinery flows to Brunei which has a better port.

In your screenshot there is a road leading from Ledo to the map edge next to the other base, so the terrain effect should only be the 23 miles from the receiving base to the end of that road. There is some supply wastage from the secondary road too, but much less than terrain.

Try selecting the Ledo hex and then press the "5" key to see supply flow from there in all directions. It will take as much as a minute for the result to show up so be patient.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
Try selecting the Ledo hex and then press the "5" key to see supply flow from there in all directions. It will take as much as a minute for the result to show up so be patient.
That "5" key is a great tool to understand how supply propagates in game. With some drawbacks )
Does it indirectly show enemy-occupied hexes in PBEM, like it does in the AI game?
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

There are a few places on the map where the flow seems better than the terrain would indicate - between Miri and Brunei for example. In stock I have been developing the oil and refinery at Miri and the supply generated by the refinery flows to Brunei which has a better port.

In your screenshot there is a road leading from Ledo to the map edge next to the other base, so the terrain effect should only be the 23 miles from the receiving base to the end of that road. There is some supply wastage from the secondary road too, but much less than terrain.

Never thought of using the 5 key.

So the answer is no, wonder what I was thinking of.
szmike

Post by szmike »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

So the answer is no, wonder what I was thinking of.

you were thinking of neighbouring ports

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”