Wide Screen Support

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

MarcA

Wide Screen Support

Post by MarcA »

I have just installed WitP:AE on a new laptop running wondows 10. I cannot get the wide screen support to run. I have had no problems with this on any other machines, just this one. The command line I am using is

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu4 –multiaudio –dd_sw -deepColor -px1680 –py1050
Anachro

RE: Wide Screen Support

Post by Anachro »

In addition to using the right switches, I couldn't get WitP to display properly on Windows 10 until I took the following steps.

1. Right click on the WitP exe
2. Click Troubleshoot compatibility
3. When an option comes up, choose the one: "it worked on a previous version of windows"
4. Say yes to w/e it does, it should run the game once, confirm that it worked
5. Game should now run on windows 10
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
MarcA

Post by MarcA »

Thanks Anachro

I tried that but no joy
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

Shucks. Don't know what to say then. Maybe try using the -f switch too? Can you post a screenshot of what the game looks like and your shortcut settings?
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

You have the wrong dashes.

Alfred
DConn

Post by DConn »

+1 to Alfred; it looks like you have two different types of dashes in the command line switches. I can't remember which one is correct at the moment, but only one type works. I suspect if you change them all to the correct type, things will be fine.
--Dave Conn
Currently defending the free world against montesaurus, DBB-B, Scen. 28
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Conn

+1 to Alfred; it looks like you have two different types of dashes in the command line switches. I can't remember which one is correct at the moment, but only one type works. I suspect if you change them all to the correct type, things will be fine.
You must delete and re-type the dash using the - on the keyboard. Cut and paste from the documentation will give you the wrong character.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Believe using -px and -py to do the trick? For example -px1440 -py900. Just make sure your monitor and video support it.
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I updated and lost my mojo!! I forgot to note the screen resolution that worked for me for full screen. Anybody else running HP laptop?? What are some of the commonest switch settings to get full screen?
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

I updated and lost my mojo!! I forgot to note the screen resolution that worked for me for full screen. Anybody else running HP laptop?? What are some of the commonest switch settings to get full screen?
Just check your Desktop screen resolution and use that.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
TheBlackhorse

Post by TheBlackhorse »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Alfred
For the love of all that is holy. please walk us dumb sheets through how to do all this! I cannot get mine to widescreen...
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse06

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Alfred
For the love of all that is holy. please walk us dumb sheets through how to do all this! I cannot get mine to widescreen...
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4199174#
Post #7. This one get answered over and over...
TheBlackhorse

Post by TheBlackhorse »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

[/quote]

Except that doesn't help me. I am using the correct dashes. What i end up with is the small 800X600 resolution, either windowed or full screen. No matter what I have a small map window.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse06

Except that doesn't help me. I am using the correct dashes. What i end up with is the small 800X600 resolution, either windowed or full screen. No matter what I have a small map window.
[/quote]
Put your cursor inside the "Target" box in your shortcut. Type control-a to select all of it, then control-c to copy it. Then put your cursor in the reply to this post and type control-v to paste in in here. When we see that whole line one of us might spot something.
TheBlackhorse

Post by TheBlackhorse »

Put your cursor inside the "Target" box in your shortcut. Type control-a to select all of it, then control-c to copy it. Then put your cursor in the reply to this post and type control-v to paste in in here. When we see that whole line one of us might spot something.

Thank you for the assistance. I believe I have it sorted now. The one step I was missing is that I first had to create a shortcut off the executable, and then THAT shortcut is where I placed my command line switches. Bugger all.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

[8D]
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I used what appears to be this laptop's ideal resolution and it's not what it was before update. If fact I have tried 7 different stings that I have seen mentioned and none are ideal. I'll get it back eventually!....thanks anyway.

Return to “Tech Support”