Purpose of GBU-31(V)X JDAM [EMP]/AGM-158B JASSM-ER [EMP]?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Rain08

Purpose of GBU-31(V)X JDAM [EMP]/AGM-158B JASSM-ER [EMP]?

Post by Rain08 »

Just noticed the following weapons in the DB3K Build 447:
GBU-31(V)X JDAM [D-EMP]
GBU-31(V)X JDAM [O-EMP]
AGM-158B JASSM-ER [D-EMP]
AGM-158B JASSM-ER [O-EMP]
AGM-158B JASSM-ER Warhead [D-EMP]

They're only available on the B-1B IBS (2018)

I tried testing them but it seems that they can't be fired. The JDAM can only target Hard/Soft Land Structures. The JASSM-ER can target Hard/Soft Land Structures, Hard/Soft Mobile Units. I tried targeting various structures and mobile units but when I try to allocate the weapons, it doesn't appear on the dialogue. When I assign the bombers with those weapons in a strike mission (this is a blank scenario), it says that:
Aircraft <Name> has not been added to mission. Reason: Could not determine the most suitable weapon. Are the aircraft loaded with correct for the mission type? No flightplan was created. Check that there are not No-Navigation Zones too close to the target or the landing martial point.

Are they EMP weapons? Why does the AGM-158B JASSM-ER [D-EMP] have a DP of 3,411?
Dimitris

RE: Purpose of GBU-31(V)X JDAM [EMP]/AGM-158B JASSM-ER [EMP]?

Post by Dimitris »

Yes, they are EMP weapons and they are not yet available for use. They will be enabled in the future.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Rain08

Just noticed the following weapons in the DB3K Build 447:
GBU-31(V)X JDAM [D-EMP]
GBU-31(V)X JDAM [O-EMP]
AGM-158B JASSM-ER [D-EMP]
AGM-158B JASSM-ER [O-EMP]
AGM-158B JASSM-ER Warhead [D-EMP]

They're only available on the B-1B IBS (2018)

I tried testing them but it seems that they can't be fired. The JDAM can only target Hard/Soft Land Structures. The JASSM-ER can target Hard/Soft Land Structures, Hard/Soft Mobile Units. I tried targeting various structures and mobile units but when I try to allocate the weapons, it doesn't appear on the dialogue. When I assign the bombers with those weapons in a strike mission (this is a blank scenario), it says that:
Aircraft <Name> has not been added to mission. Reason: Could not determine the most suitable weapon. Are the aircraft loaded with correct for the mission type? No flightplan was created. Check that there are not No-Navigation Zones too close to the target or the landing martial point.

Are they EMP weapons? Why does the AGM-158B JASSM-ER [D-EMP] have a DP of 3,411?

Yeah work in progress and there are probably a few others you'll find too. I'd be happy about these.

Mike
Rain08

Post by Rain08 »

Another question, what would be the difference of D-EMP from O-EMP? How large would the effect radius be?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Directional and Omni directional. Radius depends on values and alt.

We'll look forward to what you have to say at release.

Thanks!

Mike
Rain08

Post by Rain08 »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Directional and Omni directional. Radius depends on values and alt.

We'll look forward to what you have to say at release.

Thanks!

Mike

Sounds fun, can't wait to see it :D
FTBSS

Post by FTBSS »

You guys are awesme

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”