Need more Pacific Theater Games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

RE: Need more Pacific Theater Games

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14
Does this bring back any memories? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWOzwg20xXM

Two WiF games over his right shoulder at 21:06;-)

Ahhh, remember the days of "boxed" board game war games? (sigh)
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Carriers at War is a good game for pacific theater naval strategy
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Just wondering, is there a WITP-AE 2 in the pipe? And, I would indeed love a good naval game like WITP-AE but for the battle of the Atlantic. Not sure, the incoming War In Europe will include this battle.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

Just wondering, is there a WITP-AE 2 in the pipe?

You wouldn't be the first to ask this question. You also wouldn't be the first to get the answer as a resounding "NO" from the developers. For all intents and purposes, WiTP:AE can be viewed as WITP 2, but there is unlikely to ever be a sequel to WiTP:AE.

Eambar

Post by Eambar »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14
It's a shame - though perhaps instructive - that subjects like the Mediterranean and Guadalcanal were thought ideal for war gaming once, but no longer. I guess they just didn't sell well.

I have a couple of young-ish software engineers from Bulgaria under contract busy with real money making projects at the moment. They expressed an interest in a gaming project for the fun of it (for free or what ever profit might come their way). I would recommend to them the Med idea since I too want to see this game. However I don't have much time to guide them (design)...which should probably be done in a community setting to get the desired end result.

I agree with Warspite concerning command/control friction, reporting/communication problems, and land battles have to be depicted extremely well.

In addition I want to see an incredible map (not just eye candy, but historically accurate), historical re-inforcements and perhaps completion of units that were under construction, etc...

Command Ops 2 has two modules covering land warfare in the Mediterranean and North Africa - Foothills of the Gods covering Greece 1941 (19 scenarios) and The Cauldron(Med/North Africa 41/42), including Crete, Leros and a hypothetical Malta.

It's a great land warfare system covering some of the little known battlefields of WW2. It's a pity the engine hasn't been used yet for the East front, as overdone as that already is.

The other modules represent the Bulge, Bastogne, Market Garden - and there is an interesting module covering breaking through the Westwall.

Cheers,

ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

Just wondering, is there a WITP-AE 2 in the pipe?

You wouldn't be the first to ask this question. You also wouldn't be the first to get the answer as a resounding "NO" from the developers. For all intents and purposes, WiTP:AE can be viewed as WITP 2, but there is unlikely to ever be a sequel to WiTP:AE.

Understood. I am just fearing the day of a Windows 1x upgrade after which WITE:AE won't work anymore due to driver or other issues.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
AbwehrX

Post by AbwehrX »

Actually we just need more time and more opponents, not more games. [:'(][:D]
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

Carriers at War is a good game for pacific theater naval strategy

"Carrier Force" is too. It's dated though but was a very good naval game in it's prime. I can still play it with my C64 emulator. In fact I can still play a lot of SSI's wargames of the 80's with it.
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

This looks good but I don't have an iPad :(

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/carrier ... 94680?mt=8

Return to “General Discussion”