Is it 1980 again?

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

whippleofd

Is it 1980 again?

Post by whippleofd »

I think so. This was the year my buddy and I really started playing SL then ASL "for real." There was a small house behind our main house that had been unoccupied for years and we cleaned it out, ran some electrical (mongo extension cords actually), put in an old table tennis table and got down to business on all sorts of Avalon Hill games.

We both graduated in 1981. I went into the Navy and he stayed in the area and as life has it we went our separate ways. But once in a while we happen to cross paths again and conversation invariably goes back to that old house, some game and a brilliant strategy.

Ever since then I've been trying to find a computer game that has that "feel" of ASL but I've never found it - until now. I D/L'd TotH a couple days ago and have been enjoying the heck out of it. Thank you for the time and effort you've put into this game making it. From what I'm able to read this was pretty much your show and it's taken you lots of time to get it to market.

Thank you also to the folks who came up with the ASL counter set and many of the scenarios I've already played.

HAVFND!
Whipple
MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors
Peter Fisla

RE: Is it 1980 again?

Post by Peter Fisla »

Thanks for sharing Whipple, enjoy the game! :)
pensfanvw

RE: Is it 1980 again?

Post by pensfanvw »

Whipple, could not agree with you more. Brings back memories of playing Squad Leader, Cross of Iron, and Crescendo of Doom back in 1980-1982 with a good buddy of mine. Really enjoying the game!
Alan

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”