Set Event/Get Event

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ColonelMolerat

Set Event/Get Event

Post by ColonelMolerat »

I'm trying to use the ScenEdit_SetEvent and ScenEdit_GetEvent commands to activate/deactivate events in the editor.

Eg

ScenEdit_SetEvent ('Nuclear Release', 'IsActive=No')

Every time I try though, I'm told 'Attempt to call global "ScenEdit_SetEvent" failed (a nil value)'

Does this mean these commands aren't implemented yet? They are on the CommandLua Github, but not the Baloogan Wiki. Or am I misunderstanding how they work?

The event I'm trying to change the status of was created in the Events Editor (with trigger and action) that works and repeats fine.

(I'm trying to get a repeating event to turn off after five minutes)
mikmykWS

RE: Set Event/Get Event

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah think those are new. Coming soon!

Thanks!

Mike
Zaslon

Post by Zaslon »

This kind of questions are better IMHO, in http://qa.commandmodernairnavaloperations.com/ properly tagged.
Q&A is very useful as a DB.
Kids think about Iran and Amateurs think about Russia, but professionals think about China
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah agreed. This forums search is difficult and would be good to have this kind of stuff there as people can find it.

Thanks!

Mike
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

Good points. I'll use there in the future.
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

For this and other war game sites, I have had some luck using Google for searching e.g.

command air naval operations AND mald

No guarantees, but worth a try for completeness sake.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”