Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :)

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

lsdjr18

Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :)

Post by lsdjr18 »

I have just installed WITP AE on my new gaming rig with Windows 10 and the aircraft art is MISSING :( can anyone help me out? I could play without it but I really love to see those planes from the top down view! I tried reinstalling, patching, using original game without patching and have failed... my game has no mods...

Any help would be appreciated...

Best!
LSDJr18
Chris21wen

RE: Missing Aircraft Art Please Help :)

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: lsdjr18

I have just installed WITP AE on my new gaming rig with Windows 10 and the aircraft art is MISSING :( can anyone help me out? I could play without it but I really love to see those planes from the top down view! I tried reinstalling, patching, using original game without patching and have failed... my game has no mods...

Best!
LSDJr18

Don't know why it's missing from the install but if you look on the forum they are lots of art mods out there that can be downloaded.
lsdjr18

Post by lsdjr18 »

Once I find aircraft mods how do I install them? I am not very techy just into these types of games. Will it allow me to see the dogfights in the game again as before?

Best and Thanks
LSDJR18
Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
MrKane

Post by MrKane »

Best!
LSDJr18

Are you missing aircraft bitmaps on your HDD in game ART folder or the game just does not display them ?
In case of second issue I mention, you need add switch -dd_sw to yours command line when you starting the game.
KevinMcGuire

Post by KevinMcGuire »

Same thing happening to me. I can get plane art back using the dd_sw switch, but that causes my desktop to draw over the game map as I move the mouse. There is a thread further along that states newer cards do not support direct draw as much & what's happening is my game screen is not refreshing as it should be. Sounds like there is no solution.[&:]

Best!
LSDJr18
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: TheKidd_17

Same thing happening to me. I can get plane art back using the dd_sw switch, but that causes my desktop to draw over the game map as I move the mouse. There is a thread further along that states newer cards do not support direct draw as much & what's happening is my game screen is not refreshing as it should be. Sounds like there is no solution.[&:]

Best!
LSDJr18
If it is not built into the card, it should be available in driver software for the card. Try checking the manufacturer's site.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

-dd_sw

What does this parameter do? I had the same problem and adding -dd_sw solved it.
KevinMcGuire

Post by KevinMcGuire »

The -dd_sw switch works but causes another problem. The game screen tears showing my desktop whenever i move the mouse around. I can click the mouse & the game screen returns till I move the mouse again. It's like the game screen image is not refreshing correctly.
ORIGINAL: 821Bobo
-dd_sw

What does this parameter do? I had the same problem and adding -dd_sw solved it.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

If you are using Win 10, try setting it for Compatibility Mode with Win 7 or XP.
I don't have Win 10 so I don't know where to find that - but I would start in the Control Panel.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Best!
LSDJr18

Try the following switch

-SingleCpuOrders

....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
KevinMcGuire

Post by KevinMcGuire »

I have tried all compatability modes ie: win7, xp service pack 1,2 & 3, ect. I currently have singlecpu orders. I have tried it without also.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different
direction." Major Oliver P. Smith Commander 1st Marine Div- Breakout from the Chosin Reservoir, Korean War 1950

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

If you are using Win 10, try setting it for Compatibility Mode with Win 7 or XP.
I don't have Win 10 so I don't know where to find that - but I would start in the Control Panel.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I have tried all compatability modes ie: win7, xp service pack 1,2 & 3, ect. I currently have singlecpu orders. I have tried it without also.

direction." Major Oliver P. Smith Commander 1st Marine Div- Breakout from the Chosin Reservoir, Korean War 1950

Can you post a image of your properties line? Also, have you looked in the art folder to see if the air art is even there?....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

KevinMcGuire

Post by KevinMcGuire »

here is the line: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -archive -fd -SingleCpuOrders.

The plane art is definitely there. I did a vanilla install when I upgraded to win 10. installed another copy & checked art file. Whats funny is I get images of asw combat, combat screen for air to air no planes & ship to ship combat screen no ships.
I have an intel I-5 4690k cpu 16 gb ram & a radeon r7 200 series video card 2gb vram if this helps.
I have done a dxdiag test & all is good, have the latest radeon drivers. nothing has worked.

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Can you post a image of your properties line? Also, have you looked in the art folder to see if the air art is even there?....GP
btd64

Post by btd64 »

try this switch

-dd_sw

....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

KevinMcGuire

Post by KevinMcGuire »

The -dd_sw switch works as I stated earlier, but causes another problem. The game screen tears showing my desktop whenever i move the mouse around. I can click the mouse & the game screen returns till I move the mouse again. It's like the game screen image is not refreshing correctly.

try this switch

-dd_sw

....GP
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Maybe it's a refresh rate thing. I'm out of Ideas. Did you try to load the extended map by any chance?....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

KevinMcGuire

Post by KevinMcGuire »

If you mean the px & py switches, yes I have. I am out of ideas also. I do appreciate you & all the others trying to help me solve this though.

Maybe it's a refresh rate thing. I'm out of Ideas. Did you try to load the extended map by any chance?....GP
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Someone smarter than us should be by soon to help, sorry dude....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

If you mean the px & py switches, yes I have. I am out of ideas also. I do appreciate you & all the others trying to help me solve this though.

The only help I can give is to try every switch and find the combo that works. I am sure there is one.
Here is my command line. Lots of switches, I found I needed them all.

"D:\War in the Pacfic Admirals Edition\PBEM AdmNelson\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px2520 -py1525 -archive -multiaudio -skipVideo -dd_sw -cpu4 -deepColor -SingleCpuOrders

Return to “Tech Support”