Possible to use custom fonts in WitW?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

sandman2575

Possible to use custom fonts in WitW?

Post by sandman2575 »

Does WitW have a "FontConfig.txt" file the way WitE does? I have custom fonts that I use for WitE that, for me, are far more legible than the standard settings.

A small thing, I know, but it would make a difference to me as I determine whether to buy WitW during the holiday sale. I get the sense that WitW is, unfortunately, much less moddable than WitE. I use Jison's brilliant map mod for WitE but don't seem to see anything similarly ambitious among the WitW mods.
Joel Billings

RE: Possible to use custom fonts in WitW?

Post by Joel Billings »

Yes it does have a WitwFontConfig.txt file just like WitE. It's similar with the addition of the new maptext fonts.

WitW has a map that is put together differently than the way the WitE map was put together. Modders haven't created any WitW map mods that I'm aware of, at least not yet.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
sandman2575

RE: Possible to use custom fonts in WitW?

Post by sandman2575 »

Good to know -- thanks very much --

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”