Strategic bombing advice?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Searry

Strategic bombing advice?

Post by Searry »

Hi, how do I set good start bombing as the allies? I only seem to hit only a few targets. I'm bombing a few cities during the daytime for a single day and during nighttime during a single day. Is this too conservative? I've set the number of raids to 10.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
Gunnulf

RE: Strategic bombing advice?

Post by Gunnulf »

While you are waiting for more expert advice then honestly the best way to learn is to set up automatic AI directives, observe them, then slowly make a few tweaks to personalise them and take more control. You can see what makes a positive or negative change. You can use recon or play both sides of the Bombing scenario to observe the results. Getting slow up to 10vps per week seems a reasonable target and you can do this with a couple of day and couple of night directives bombing 3 days a week I think. Don't just hit the same places each week though but keep the boxes relatively modest.
"Stay low, move fast"
Chuske

Post by Chuske »

The user formerly known as jonboym

WITP:AE - Useful Info for Beginners

WitW Tutorials

WitW Beta/Alpha Tester
Searry

Post by Searry »

Thank you! The tutorial seems very in depth!

I have to say my results are astonishing once I read that guide!
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
Chuske

Post by Chuske »

Yeah HarryBanana did a great job with that guide, seems the trick is more smaller strikes and aim for HI, Fuel and Oil with big bombs.

Obviously in a full campaign don't forget the U-boat (in 43) and V-weapons (in 44)
The user formerly known as jonboym

WITP:AE - Useful Info for Beginners

WitW Tutorials

WitW Beta/Alpha Tester
pierreoza

Post by pierreoza »

Just try scenario "pointblanks " with harrybanna's tips: it helps a lot.

Thx

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”