War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition on sale!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Franciscus

RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition on sale!

Post by Franciscus »

hello

I also have bought Witp:AE a couple of years ago, but have mixed feelings about it. And in reality I cannot consider it a "good buy" as I never got to really play it. And I do not consider myself a Beer-Pretzels type of gamer. I devoted countless hours to AACW, helped develop AJE, can understand and play WW2E by Schwerpunkt, enjoy small scale scenarios of WitW and WitE, and appreciate immensely DC:Barbarossa. But only against AI.

The sheer monstruosity of all Witp:AE related, coupled with an outdated manual (sure, I know it may not matter much and all manuals get outdated somewhere in time), the immensity of official and beta patch changes, some of which are probably only understood by the real players, sorry lack of anything resembling a tutorial, added to my lack of any knowledge of previous versions and lack of solid historic knowledge of the Pacific war are all to blame...

This coupled to lack of real time to devote to such a game, means that for the time being and foresseable future WitP:AE stands somewhat alongside War and Peace. I may yet find time in my life to both play one and read the other, but not sure...[:D]
Former AJE team member
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: Franciscus
helped develop AJE

Many thanks for that [&o]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Ok guys trying to reinstall War in the Pacific AE after having the scrolling problems months before. Thought I would give it another shot....but When I click on the game menu to get into the game....its upside Down?

How do I fix that. First time, i've had that happen. (The lettering Menu to get into the game is upside down).
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Did you buy the Australian version of the game? [;)]
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Direct download from matrix and copied.[:D]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

Will_L_OLD

Post by Will_L_OLD »

Turn the monitor right side up?[;)]
Seriously though, reinstall again might be the solution.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Titanwarrior seems very strange .. are you starting with a new WitP AE.exe shortcut (with the various switches) or the default desktop shortcut to the auto-play exe.? Sorry but it's the only thing I could think of..

(I gave myself a headache trying to set the game to my monitor's native resolution; tried 6 times until I realized I was typing in the wrong resolution numbers [8|])

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Default as far as I know. Game runs ok overall but the main menu to get into the game, is upside down. [:D] I could try what WIll proposes....it is a skinny monitor.[8|]

Return to “General Discussion”