RECEIVED THE GAME DEC. 6TH SOME THOUGHTS

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

bo

RECEIVED THE GAME DEC. 6TH SOME THOUGHTS

Post by bo »

Thanks to some posters who highly recommended the game to my query a week or two ago, I received the game on Dec. 6th and I am highly satisfied with the game so far.

1- Price---I saw some of the prices paid for the game with shipping charges, whew! My total bill for the game was $5.99 including the beautiful book. To those of you with wives [:(] who think you are paying too much for a computer game [they alll do] go to Amazon if they still have it.

Game 55.99, apply for their credit card and get a gift certificate of $50 credited to the purchase of the game right away, and no shipping charges, total $5.99

2- Ease of downloading off the disc, excellent, not one problem.

3- The game book, stunning, beautifully, written easy to understand, Kudos!

4- Graphics IMO very good on my Dell 23 monitor which is 7yrs old,
display graphics 1152 x 864 looks fine, map ok, could be a little brighter, NP

5- Game play smooth, no crashes, very pleased with ease of play.

6- Biggest surprise, the way Belgium was defended by the AI, most games like MWIF, Belgium usually stood alone.

7- AI seems adequate in the early going which is where I am still at.

8- Difference from the book to the screen, bottom row, book seems to have a lot more icons than in the game screen.

9- Opinion needed on buying Rommel, why buy Rommel early on when he is part of the Afika Corp [forgot the cost of bringing the Afika Corp to Egypt]

10- First observance, very pleased with the game, also I know Hubert Cater will keep a close eye on the posts for the betterment of the game.

Good job people of Fury, beta testers, and also Matrix Games.

Bo

Goodmongo

RE: RECEIVED THE GAME DEC. 6TH SOME THOUGHTS

Post by Goodmongo »

For #9 all event prices are cheaper than buying the items from the production screen. So if you want the forces or need the forces it is better to use the event. For other HQ's but some other general. To be honest I'm not sure what happens if you buy Rommel in say late 1939 and then get the Africa Korps.
Hartmann

Post by Hartmann »

ORIGINAL: Goodmongo

To be honest I'm not sure what happens if you buy Rommel in say late 1939 and then get the Africa Korps.

Actually, I wonder if anyone even tried to do that yet ... hopefully it would not result in some bug at least (double Rommel, no HQ at all for the Africa the corps, or even a crash).
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

If you already have Rommel the engine picks the next HQ in the list. I had Kleist come with the Afrika Korps once.
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

My AK commander was Kesselring.
SeaMonkey
n0kn0k

Post by n0kn0k »

4. Try to turn off national colors to see if it's more to your liking. It's brighter for sure.

8. The will be patched in later. But the manual is already uptodate this way.

9. If you buy Rommel you will get the next best General in line with the DAK.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

The Germans don't need Rommel's help in my game. I am playing 1940 campaign as Soviet-only at veteran, and am being brutalized by the AI.
Hartmann

Post by Hartmann »

ORIGINAL: dhucul

If you already have Rommel the engine picks the next HQ in the list. I had Kleist come with the Afrika Korps once.

Ah, thanks, good to know. [:)]

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”