Product delay

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

bo

Product delay

Post by bo »

Opening screen of product delay for the Germans, it shows a HQ unit but does not designate what HQ it is, how do you identify who it is before it becomes available.

Do most players play with product delay on?

Bo
Hartmann

RE: Product delay

Post by Hartmann »

How to check on which unit is in production exactly, I don't know either. I guess it isn't possible at the moment.

I'm pretty sure that almost all players leave the production delay on - immediate buy is simply too "beer & prezzel".
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

When you build it you can see when it will arrive on the purchase screen, but if you have multiple HQ's being built and forget when a specific one will finish then I don't think you can tell from the production screen.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Boonierat1972

Post by Boonierat1972 »

Production delay adds a planning ahead element I like. It's more realistic also Bo I believe.
Stéphane Moutin-Luyat
Vietnam Combat Operations
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: elmo3

When you build it you can see when it will arrive on the purchase screen, but if you have multiple HQ's being built and forget when a specific one will finish then I don't think you can tell from the production screen.

Thank you elmo but it is the first screen and I have not purchased anything yet.
Personally it should be corrected.

Bo
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Here is a screenshot of me about to purchase a German HQ. Note that it will arrive on December 1, 1941 and the General is Kesselring. You can change the General by clicking on another one in the list. Had I added mobility to this HQ it would have changed the date to something later. Not sure what other information you want?

Edit - Looks like you can change the HQ name as well but I never bother.

Attachments
HQ.jpg
HQ.jpg (56.44 KiB) Viewed 117 times
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
bo

Post by bo »

Sorry if I am confusing you [my bad] when the game starts in Poland 1939, you can open a product screen, it show paras, subs, and an HQ unit but no idenity as to who it is, no big deal just curious why a HQ unit would not be named, we understand a tank is a tank a sub is a sub, no name needed, but HQ's have imbedded names. Tried to download the picture jpg. style but wwas informed it was too large, oh well!

Bo
Hartmann

Post by Hartmann »

I know what you mean. It's the production screen not giving us any info above the generic unit type and shipping date. This is too spartanic. It should tell us the name of the unit when mousing over it or something like that.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

ORIGINAL: bo

Sorry if I am confusing you [my bad] when the game starts in Poland 1939, you can open a product screen, it show paras, subs, and an HQ unit but no idenity as to who it is, no big deal just curious why a HQ unit would not be named, we understand a tank is a tank a sub is a sub, no name needed, but HQ's have imbedded names. Tried to download the picture jpg. style but wwas informed it was too large, oh well!

Bo

OK, I see now. Can't recall from my current game who the general is for that HQ. Would be nice to see that in the production screen though.

WitE alpha/beta tester
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

I believe its Model, but doesn't matter, if he's not to your liking, then sack-replace him.
SeaMonkey
Goodmongo

Post by Goodmongo »

Does it matter? You can't change it while it's building and you can change it when it's deployed. Also, whoever it is does not reappear on the possible build screen.

This is like saying what tank unit is being build. Is it the 1st, 7th, 21st panzer or what? It really doesn't matter.
Hartmann

Post by Hartmann »

ORIGINAL: Goodmongo

Does it matter? You can't change it while it's building and you can change it when it's deployed. Also, whoever it is does not reappear on the possible build screen.

This is like saying what tank unit is being build. Is it the 1st, 7th, 21st panzer or what? It really doesn't matter.

It matters for flavor at least. One thing I loved about Clash of Steel was that there were no generic unit types at all to buy from, but a fixed OOB where every unit that could be produced already came with an individual name and often also individual stats (not just headquarters and ships). This too didn't really "matter" much, but it just felt cool. Same thing here, if we could look up the names of units in the production queue it would make "waiting" for them more fun.
Boonierat1972

Post by Boonierat1972 »

***Spoiler Alert*** It's the dreaded Wilhelm Von Leeb ***Spoiler Alert*** [:D]
Stéphane Moutin-Luyat
Vietnam Combat Operations
dox44

Post by dox44 »

i thought you were going to say "Colonel Klink".

i feel better now.
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Boonierat1972

***Spoiler Alert*** It's the dreaded Wilhelm Von Leeb ***Spoiler Alert*** [:D]

Spoiler alert [:(] you should know that phrase you watch too many Bachelor and bachelorett shows [:D] but anyway thank you for the alert.

Bo
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: casebier

i thought you were going to say "Colonel Klink".

i feel better now.

Klink was smarter than you think [;)]

Bo

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”