Spwaw ??

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Spwaw ??

Post by demyansk »

Guys,

This game was my favorite at one time. I noticed the Generals Edition on sale. I have Windows 10, does this game run in a higher resolution like 1920x1080? Forget this guys,I asked the question before, duh

Thanks
aaatoysandmore

RE: Spwaw ??

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Guys,

This game was my favorite at one time. I noticed the Generals Edition on sale. I have Windows 10, does this game run in a higher resolution like 1920x1080? Forget this guys,I asked the question before, duh

Thanks
Well does it or doesn't it? [:'(]
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Guys,

Thanks

I don't know, but bear in mind that the original Steel Panthers was released for DOS in 1995. Steel Panthers: World at War - Generals Edition was released in 2000. If it runs on Windows 10, I would be very surprised.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
rwenstrup

Post by rwenstrup »

It works...you may need to go to the Matrix forums to set it up right...

I continue to play it ...
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

It works but not in the high resolution
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

If you want to play Steel Panthers in higher resolutions, your only choice is to BUY either WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT. Those games are available for free, but free versions have only 1 resolution.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
JEB Davis

Post by JEB Davis »

SP:WAW works on the newer windows versions. Check the sub forum here if you need to work out any issues to get it working properly as there are threads for that purpose showing detailed instructions if needed. The game resolution is the same as it always was and can't be increased, but if you liked the game in the past, why worry about it's resolution? I still play it almost every day and love it.
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

Return to “General Discussion”