Question about WitPTracker

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pavel01

Question about WitPTracker

Post by pavel01 »

I am new to both the game and WitPTracker, trying to understan how to manage both...

Anyways, I had WitPTracker set to load the savegame wpae003.pws which is one slot that I saved.

Then, after the first turn, I saw that the client autosaved onto wpae000.pws so, I created a "new" WitPTracker and set it to load wpae000.pws.

When launching WitPTracker.bat where I edited as savegame wpae000.pws in the witptracker.properties file, I did get the tables loaded but something looks not right to me.

When the turn ended (and before the client autosaved into wpae000.pws), the Japanese which I am playing with captured Batan Island which now has no longer the Allies flag but the Japanese one.

Yet, when I went to check the WitPTracker that I launched off the autosave wpae000.pws and went to look into "Data Set" --> "Bases", Batan Island is still listed as in control of the Allies, not of Japan as it should.

Furthermore, I have nothing in "Data Set" --> Alerts nor in "Data Set" --> Ship Repairs in WitPTracker which is odd to me as, after the 1st turn Battles, I would have expected to have much content in this section.

What gives ? What might be wrong ?

Thanks or the help !!
Yaab

RE: Question about WitPTracker

Post by Yaab »

If you chose wpae003.pws than always save you game in slot wpae003

How?
Turn1 get processed, you start now turn 2.
Save you current turn in wpae003.
Copy the wpae003 file from the WITP:AE folder and drop it into the tracker folder
Now start Trcaker and it should read your turn data

And repeat the whole process

Turn 2 get processed, you start now turn 3.
Copy the wpae003 file from the WITP:AE folder and drop it into the tracker folder
Now start Tracker and it should read your turn data

and agaian.,and again... for the whole campaign

Basically, once you set wpae003 as your TRACKER savegame slot, you always save in the same slot.

BTW, I never save ANYTHING in slots 000 or 002.
pavel01

Post by pavel01 »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

If you chose wpae003.pws than always save you game in slot wpae003

How?
Turn1 get processed, you start now turn 2.
Now start Trcaker and it should read your turn data

And repeat the whole process

Turn 2 get processed, you start now turn 3.
Now start Tracker and it should read your turn data

and agaian.,and again... for the whole campaign

Basically, once you set wpae003 as your TRACKER savegame slot, you always save in the same slot.

BTW, I never save ANYTHING in slots 000 or 002.

Ok, did as you said and saved the start of turn 2 onto slot 3 and them launched again TRACKER set on slot 3 and then went into TURN --> READ TURN and, after an error Message about Databases of not comparable sizes or something like that the ALERT table now has content as well as the Bases was updated with Batan Island now under Japanese control as it should.

I still have problems though in regards with the TRACKER reading the SigInt and Operation txt files because when I go to the game's SAVE folder I have 2 such files available for either one and am not sure which to select....
jsigint.txt and jsigint_411207.txt
joperationsreport.txt and joperationsreport_411207.txt

Which should I set TRACKER to read ? And what informations do they provide to TRACKER ?

Also, do you have any advice on how to properly install the Submarine TRACKER ? I could not find info about how to properly install it.

Thanks !!
Ol_Dog

Post by Ol_Dog »

I have a separate directory for each game, with a tracker program in each. When I setup properties, I say wpae010. However when I run the first turn I save it in slot wpae020, then also in wpae021. I make all my orders and saves to 021 until I am ready to finish the turn, save in 021, then run turn. I then save the next turn in 022 and 023, then 024 and 025. I have a series of turns, 020-022-024, which were before my entries, and a series of turns, 021-023-025, after my orders, but before the turn has been run. Since I play the AI, when I started I could go back and reload 024 and make new entries in 025 to run it again, if I did something foolish - like not setting CAP on my carrier going into battle. This also gives you a chance to go back and see what you ****ed up when you see something unexpected, even if you don't rerun the turn.

Using archive, I did not have to run Tracker after every turn. I could do it after each turn, or import and load 020, 022 and 024 into Tracker using multiturn.
Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”