WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the witptracker.properties file ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pavel01

WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the witptracker.properties file ?

Post by pavel01 »

I am trying to learn how to better use the very handy WitPTracker AE.
The instruction says to edit the witptracker.properties file entering the name of the savegame file.

My question is, if one changes the savegame file, is it necessary to edit egain that witptracker.properties file, delete the previous file database and re-build a new database with the new savegame file ?

Or is there a way to "change" savegame files and, consequently, databases without having to edit the witptracker.properties file and re-building a new Database for every different savegame file ?

Thanks !!
Yaab

RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the witptracker.properties file ?

Post by Yaab »

Can't tell - I always use the same savegame slot. Maybe others will chime in and help you.
szmike

RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the witptracker.properties file ?

Post by szmike »

if you use the same file, there's no need to change properties, otherwise just change save file number there
pavel01

Post by pavel01 »

Thanks for the clarification.

My comcerm about using always the same savegame, is that it could preclude the possibility to go back to a previous saved game in case one realized to have done a mistake along the way and may want to correct it. And if I do save several times along the way at important "crossroads", then every time I need to edit the witptracker.properties file and build a new Database as the file changed....

Oh well......
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

It could be a good idea to create a file folder for each PBEM especially if you're playing more than one game at a time, each with their own shortcut.

pavel01

Post by pavel01 »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

It could be a good idea to create a file folder for each PBEM especially if you're playing more than one game at a time, each with their own shortcut.

Eh, I am quite a way off from play by email, I have just started learing the ins and outs and before trying out an email game I need to get a few campaigns done at least succesfully...

By the way, can anyone suggest a step-by-step tutorial for total newbies ?
Thanks !
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

You can run as many copies of Tracker as you like.
The Moose
Ol_Dog

Post by Ol_Dog »

I have 7 versions of AE, DBB, Babeslite, RA etc in the Matrix directory, each with different maps and art as needed, and each has a copy Tracker.
Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.
pavel01

Post by pavel01 »

ORIGINAL: Ol_Dog

I have 7 versions of AE, DBB, Babeslite, RA etc in the Matrix directory, each with different maps and art as needed, and each has a copy Tracker.

Excuse my ignorance, but what are DBB, Babeslite, RA etc. ?
And what do you mean by "different maps and art as needed ?"

Thanks !
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

ORIGINAL: pavel01
Excuse my ignorance, but what are DBB, Babeslite, RA etc. ?
And what do you mean by "different maps and art as needed ?"

These are mods for the game. Look in the "Scenario Design and Modding" sub-forum.
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”