What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

sullafelix

RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ?

Post by sullafelix »

' The Conquerors' by SPI, was actually three games in one
It was about Alexander's invasion of the Persian empire, along
With the Roman wars against Phillip V and Antiochus the Great.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I liked a little board game called 'Source of the Nile'. I made a little ANSI computer game of it long ago. A graphical computer game might be fun. But this was many years ago so it might not be in today's tastes.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Mobius

I liked a little board game called 'Source of the Nile'. I made a little ANSI computer game of it long ago. A graphical computer game might be fun. But this was many years ago so it might not be in today's tastes.

That was great little Exploration-Strategy game! I certainly have a taste for a game like that and were probably not alone...it would be a good graphical conversion! [:)]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1577/source-nile
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Like to see the SPW series get the Decision Games War in Europe treatment.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

Flattop! I think that is its name. It would need AI so I could finally play it. I owned it as a kid with no one to play it against.

Carrier Strike was nearly same game for Atari nd Commodore, also played on my IBM PC...Nowadays, suggest you try WITP or WITP AE...Same concept on a much larger scale but smaller scenarios will work nicely.

m10bob

Post by m10bob »

Just for the helluvit..."Crush,Crumble and Chomp" offered several major cities, (Tokyo, NYC, London, Frisco...and even Sheboygan, LOL..

Player could creat one of maybe 20 famous old movie monsters (Godzilla, Rodan, King Kong, etc...and went about tearing stuff up...Lotta fun and ya got points for survivng the attempts from puny humans trying to avoid being eaten, (Oh, yeah...the great sound effects of people screaming and then slow chewing noises.) LOL....

Another game was something like Treausre Conquest where you went into a town...bought treasure maps and "clues" from shady characters and then financed a team to go deep sea or SCUBA diving for treasure in the oceans.

An earlier attempt with "dot" graphics was Mare Tesoro....Same concept as above.

Scads of ideas for "Beer and Pretzel" type games which might yield a quick buck for a game company...games like Railroad Tycoon, but involving building an empire of MISSISSIPI RIVERBOATS...There are several rivers which were navigable running off that great river and the history and importance of the bats was monumental.

Heck, I would even volunteer to do the historic research on that one!!!

fvianello

Post by fvianello »

ORIGINAL: sulla05

The Conquerors by SPI

Hell yes!
H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

ORIGINAL: lecrop

Von Reiswitz Kriegsspiel

Oh yes. I've dreamt of this! It would all depend on the implementation and interface. I've had ideas on it and if done the way I imagine I think it would be great.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

ORIGINAL: lecrop

Von Reiswitz Kriegsspiel

Oh yes. I've dreamt of this! It would all depend on the implementation and interface. I've had ideas on it and if done the way I imagine I think it would be great.

They made a game simular to this for the Amiga 500 if I remember correctly called "Waterloo" it was a command and control game where you sent messages only to your commanders and they tried to carry them out. But, it had block units with these types of graphics. I liked it at the time. I really do like command and control games where I am just the commander and can't exploit he ai so easily if I play all the units. It's on the PC now as well so you can probably get a DoxBox version to work.
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer
Flattop! I think that is its name. It would need AI so I could finally play it. I owned it as a kid with no one to play it against.
Been there, done that, got the tee shirt... Carrier Force, Carriers at War, Carrier Strike, etc, etc. (although I've been too lazy to fix my copy when Vassal 2.6'ish broke it, there is a Vassal module for Flattop... you might actually find someone to play it against!)
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Advanced Third Reich.

Not vassal or some other try hard. A faithful PC reproduction.

Same goes for EIA, the matrix version is abysmal.

proflui

Post by proflui »

Vietnam 1965-1975
And I hope it is made by Gary Grigsbys.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

[:)]In addition to many good suggestions I'd enjoy seeing 'Red Sand Blue Sky - Heroes of the Arena'.(Two Hour Wargames).

Tactical (turn based) Gladiator combat with career mode and options to run a Gladiator school.

From BGG:

As a gladiator you fight your way through the Empire in hopes of reaching the Colosseum in Rome and perhaps the ultimate glory, the wooden sword of freedom, the rudis. Or perhaps you would rather be a lanista, the trainer or manager of gladiators forming your own troupe or familia gladiatoria. And the third way to play Red Sand Blue Sky - Heroes of the Arena is as the owner of a ludus or gladiator school seeking to reach the ultimate honor, a school in Rome herself.

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: jack54

[:)]In addition to many good suggestions I'd enjoy seeing 'Red Sand Blue Sky - Heroes of the Arena'.(Two Hour Wargames).

Tactical (turn based) Gladiator combat with career mode and options to run a Gladiator school.

From BGG:

As a gladiator you fight your way through the Empire in hopes of reaching the Colosseum in Rome and perhaps the ultimate glory, the wooden sword of freedom, the rudis. Or perhaps you would rather be a lanista, the trainer or manager of gladiators forming your own troupe or familia gladiatoria. And the third way to play Red Sand Blue Sky - Heroes of the Arena is as the owner of a ludus or gladiator school seeking to reach the ultimate honor, a school in Rome herself.

There's a text based Gladiator school/manager game on Steam that sort of does that. You start out at the cheapest gladiator places and move up to Rome. It's mostly texted based like Ageod combats but you get to pick and train your gladiators like a stat based baseball game. Matching them up with like an A vs C and buying them armor and weapons to increase their chances of winning.
nicwb

Post by nicwb »

B17 Queen of the Skies - loved that game.

Someone is bringing out an updated version due for release next year. Not PC though just a new board game called "Target for Today"
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings Capitaine and aaatoysandmore,
From my Amiga 500, 1000, 2000 & 3000 tower days I played the games of Dr. Peter Turcan's batalia series.
http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/list.ph ... r%20Turcan
I played Austerlitz, Waterloo , Borodino and Armada. You sent orders and watched your blocks move and engage in battle.

Waterloo Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjlmT88dtk
Austerlitz Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z67yRWdXCls
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Some "What if?" scenarios would be fun to try out in a strategic format.

In honor of Warspite1, I think it would be very interesting to try Sealion, with a possible 'beefing up' of the German forces for playability making it a near run thing.
AJAYIWALDORF

Post by AJAYIWALDORF »

That would probably going to be along list, and you can actually get them free.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I have a PC emulator somewhere..

ORIGINAL: nicwb

B17 Queen of the Skies - loved that game.

Someone is bringing out an updated version due for release next year. Not PC though just a new board game called "Target for Today"
nicwb

Post by nicwb »

Wodin,

Thanks for the generous thought in pm'ing me the emulator,

Nicwb.

Return to “General Discussion”