Steam Release?

3D version of Close Combat
heizlegend

Steam Release?

Post by heizlegend »

Has there been any consideration to putting the CC series on steam? Or putting the new game to be greenlit on steam? I think there is a lot of potential to bring in way more sales if the game was released there. I don't know why you wouldn't. There are plenty of people with fond memories of CC that have probably forgotten about it. Put it up and steam and I think you could generate a lot of interest.

Hell, if you need the resources to get to that point, make a kickstarter. If it meant the possibility of >2 player MP or especially co-op, I'd donate to it.

But at least steam, at this point in pc gaming I feel that is practically a requirement. It would definitely be the only realistic way to generate any significant number of new players. They rebooted Age of Empires II, AOE III, and Age of Mythology on steam, and from what I can tell they've done very well, and all they did with those is raise the resolution and remade the multiplayer. I see no reason CC couldn't enjoy similar success, especially with the new 3d engine and a updated multiplayer.
SteveMcClaire

RE: Steam Release?

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There has been some consideration: Gateway to Caen will be available on Steam. Other existing CC tiles may appear on Steam as well though this has yet to be determined.

We haven't talked specifically about how The Bloody First will be sold/marketed, so I can't say anything for certain. But it may very well be on Steam too, when it's released.

Steve

Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Bloody First at Steam would be a very good idea because if it runs as it looks, probably many people will like it and Steam is the best site for obtain a good publicity.

I know how it is difficult. But a few more screenshots would be good or another preview at another site. I´m not interested at Gateway to Caen because it looks as a mod and it has not the beatiful 32bits maps from Panthers in the Fog, the maps are poorer clearly but I love what I see at Bloody First, a 3D game which it can be played as the old 2D CC games at same time.
TIK

Post by TIK »

I agree, the release of Gateway to Caen on Steam was a great move. Steam has a bigger audience and more opportunities for people to come across GWTC. Not having TBF on Steam would be a mistake.
I have a Youtube Channel that features Close Combat and Panzer Corps Let's Plays and videos, as well as historical documentaries.
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

If this is released on Steam will it be able to be played through Steam Link?
And will it be possible to play using the Steam Controller as well?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Platoon Michael,

No plans to specifically support Steam Link / Steam Controller at this time.

Steve

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”