Dice Camera Document

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Cantatta

Dice Camera Document

Post by Cantatta »

Hello!

The CoH game manual mentions using a web camera for dice rolls and says to reference the Dice Camera document.
Searching the game install folder does not reveal this document, unfortunately.

I connected my web camera to the computer and was able to get the camera to show the tray and dice.
However, I couldn't figure out how to get the dice role to register for resolving combat rolls.

Is there a Dice Camera document for CoH? If so, how can I obtain a copy if this document?

Thanks!
Cantatta

RE: Dice Camera Document

Post by Cantatta »

Finally got the game to read the dice in my tray and use the results for combat, it's just a little finicky. Here are some tips for anyone interested:

1)Use dice with pips, not numerals, and no special characters for one and/or six, they all have to be pips

2)Use dice with high contrast colors; solid white dice with black pips seemed to work best; translucent dice are not a good choice

3)Repositioning the dice properly under the camera after the die roll is often necessary for best results

4)Getting the camera angle set properly is important, the closer it points to straight down the better

5)Good lighting on the dice is also important, avoid shadows on the dice

6)A dice tray is a good idea, it contains the dice when you roll and provides a focal point for the camera

It would still be nice to have the Dice Camera document, if there is one. If not, perhaps this can serve as a good starting point.

Regards!

Return to “Tech Support”