TOE display

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

plund

TOE display

Post by plund »

When I click on a unit to see the TOE devices, some show:
This unit is composed of:

while others show:
This unit is composed of:*

Is there any significance to the presence of the * (asterix) symbol?
Bullwinkle58

RE: TOE display

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: plund

When I click on a unit to see the TOE devices, some show:
This unit is composed of:

while others show:
This unit is composed of:*

Is there any significance to the presence of the * (asterix) symbol?

If it's the one I think you mean it means the LCU is a sub-unit of a larger unit and can be combined to form the larger if conditions are all correct. If you click the OOB button on one of these units you should see a display that shows all the pieces, their HQs, and where they are at present.
The Moose
plund

Post by plund »

Thank you for the response, but it is not the answer that I seek. I know of the * that denotes a unit as part of a larger unit. It appears in the lower left-hand corner (as shown in red.)

The asterix to which I refer is found over the list of devices (as shown in blue.)

Attachments
TOE.gif
TOE.gif (68.92 KiB) Viewed 112 times
dmaramba

Post by dmaramba »

Here's a copy-paste from some old release notes explaining symbols used in the device display. The first one answers your question.

* after "This unit is composed of" indicates the unit has an upgrade. Click the "Show unit TOE" button, and then follow the yellow hyperlink to see the upgrade.

+ denotes under-strength devices that are in pool.

= device upgrade is possible from the pool.

** indicates that the device differs between sub-units. This will prevent them from combining. (/C showing ** means it has the different device than the rest of units).

** [Device Name] ** indicates device is static.
plund

Post by plund »

ORIGINAL: dmaramba

* after "This unit is composed of" indicates the unit has an upgrade. Click the "Show unit TOE" button, and then follow the yellow hyperlink to see the upgrade.

Many thanks.
drw61

Post by drw61 »

Here is a link to the special indicators that I could find.

fb.asp?m=3528019

Daryl

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”