Question on LCU Restriction Status

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

btd64

Question on LCU Restriction Status

Post by btd64 »

Does anyone know the difference between [R] and (R) restrictions for ground units. I looked thru the list and both types have units which can be bought out or not. And I believe they both have units which withdraw.[&:]....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
geofflambert

RE: Question on LCU Restriction Status

Post by geofflambert »

I used to know. Does that help any? [:D]

szmike

Post by szmike »

for [R] restricted units, each needs to be bought out with PPs; for (R) restricted units only relevant HQ needs to be bought out and they become unrestricted
btd64

Post by btd64 »

OK, that makes sense. But some of both types have perm restricted units. Grey HQ's. Now I wonder if that's because the HQ itself is perm restricted....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I think there's quite a few cases where the HQ hasn't even showed up yet so you can't buy it out.

dmaramba

Post by dmaramba »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

OK, that makes sense. But some of both types have perm restricted units. Grey HQ's. Now I wonder if that's because the HQ itself is perm restricted....GP

In general, it seems that units with static devices, normally garrisons, can't be bought out, regardless of whether their HQ is [R] or (R). In all other cases I would just put it down to designer discretion. Things are the way they are cuz the designer says that's the way it's gonna be.
Ian R

Post by Ian R »

ORIGINAL: dmaramba

ORIGINAL: General Patton

In general, it seems that units with static devices, normally garrisons, can't be bought out, regardless of whether their HQ is [R] or (R). In all other cases I would just put it down to designer discretion. Things are the way they are cuz the designer says that's the way it's gonna be.

Why would you buy out a static unit?

I suppose if its static devices are all destroyed you could then buy it, move it somewhere more useful, and hope it gets some replacement CD guns . Dutch base forces or similar.

"I am Alfred"

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”