When is Alt VC260 not alt VC260?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

sillyflower

When is Alt VC260 not alt VC260?

Post by sillyflower »

My game with Brian G is an alt VC260 one. However, when I got my 260th VP, the game did not end. Brian thinks I now need 290 VPs as that's what the victory point screen shows, because a patch altered the number of VPs needed. As readers of our AARs will know, we are playing on, but I would like to know what the correct position is.

Denniss/Morvael - any chance of the VP screen reflecting the particular requirements of the game rather than the vanilla option?
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
morvael

RE: When is Alt VC260 not alt VC260?

Post by morvael »

If you started before 1.08.08 then your game may not have turned into VC260 at the start of the game. See bugfix #20 in 1.08.08.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Thanks as ever M. We started with .07.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Michael T

Post by Michael T »

The game should be over regardless of VC screen. If Alt 260 was agreed to then once 260 is reached then surely common sense should prevail.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

No one has ever called me Commonsenseflower [:D]

Brian wants to play on for some reason and I might be the first person ever to get 290 VPs in PvP, though I doubt it.
web exchange

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”