Fall Weiss II - WIE 14.0 - (Ready for Download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
rjh1971

RE: Fall Weiss II

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

First Unzip the file and then the folder and accompanying file are placed into the campaign folder.

I did just that but the game doesn't recognize the campaign, it doesn't come listed. It's the same process as with previous SC games and never got any problems installing mods.
Any ideas?
Thanks
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I think I know the problem. My user made campaign is saving in a different folder, I think this is by design by the developer.

What I would try is open up editor and save the default campaign (save as) a user made campaign. Then put my campaign in this same folder where the game is saving user made campaigns.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Thanks crispy. I found what the problem was, I had to place it in my documents/my games/Strategic Command WW2- War in Europe and it was recognised.
Opening the editor gave me the hint as I had to look for it in open custom campaigns.
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

For me the mod is saving by default to C:Drive > Users > My Profile > Documents > MY Games > SC3 > Campaigns
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Great glad it's figured out!
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

budd

Post by budd »

yup, found the folder, worked for me..thx.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Has anyone tried this? I will likely have an update soon, so any feedback to the current version would be appreciated.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

Has anyone tried this? I will likely have an update soon, so any feedback to the current version would be appreciated.
Put deep in my own mod, so I have no time to try. I'll make up for that, Crisp! But I believe that this section of the forum is (quite rightly) understood as a technical area on which hardly a normal player is lost. Our mods will only reach an edge region audience here by chance. Before its bad reorganization, the "promotional drum" for publications on "Battlefront.com" was much better organized. Unfortunately the Matrix Games Staff grouses when someone changes with a finished mod in the central forum. Well, maybe Matrix Games is still doing a little bit here when they realize how intense the mod scene of SC is. [8D]
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: TheBattlefield

Put deep in my own mod, so I have no time to try. I'll make up for that, Crisp! But I believe that this section of the forum is (quite rightly) understood as a technical area on which hardly a normal player is lost. Our mods will only reach an edge region audience here by chance. Before its bad reorganization, the "promotional drum" for publications on "Battlefront.com" was much better organized. Unfortunately the Matrix Games Staff grouses when someone changes with a finished mod in the central forum. Well, maybe Matrix Games is still doing a little bit here when they realize how intense the mod scene of SC is. [8D]

Yes the mod scene is very quiet, of course the game is just out so it's understandable. I'm not very familiar with Matrix to know if they support mods or not. Which would be a shame, I've actually seen a lot of my previous stuff incorporated into the main titles. (Trade with USSR, Spain, Turkey, Switzerland, Norway invasion decision, Brazilian Expeditionary, the current rendition of Destroyers for Bases etc.) Much of these ideas come from mods, whether admitted or not [8D]
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: TheBattlefield

Yes the mod scene is very quiet, of course the game is just out so it's understandable. I'm not very familiar with Matrix to know if they support mods or not. Which would be a shame, I've actually seen a lot of my previous stuff incorporated into the main titles. (Trade with USSR, Spain, Turkey, Switzerland, Norway invasion decision, Brazilian Expeditionary, the current rendition of Destroyers for Bases etc.) Much of these ideas come from mods, whether admitted or not [8D]

P.S. I have the deadest AAR ever - nobody cares about my mod LOL!!
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

Well, you have some hits but hardly any comments. The problem might be that after the publication of a game AAR's against the AI are not that interesting. Multiplayer games of prominent players will be a event even after years.

Unfortunately almost all Mods threaten a kind of Sleeping Beauty. More than half of the players attended, if at all, only the technical forum or looking for updates. The majority of the remaining players consider mods to be ridiculous gadgets of nerd freaks. [:D] Or do not know how to install a mod and is afraid to damage the (original) game. [&:] And then there is still quite a number of players who would like to play a mod, but only if it was ennobled and promoted by the developers. The sad but faithful rest is then mumbling on our Mod pages. Maybe Hubert and Bill could sometimes call a mod contest and add the best five as a bonus to an update. Just a thought ...[8D]

Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Hi Chris, while playing your campaign one of the German CA or CC got hit by rough seas but no strength point was deducted, I don't know if this bug is from your campaign or the game engine.

Regards.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

[/quote]
Hi Chris, while playing your campaign one of the German CA or CC got hit by rough seas but no strength point was deducted, I don't know if this bug is from your campaign or the game engine.

Regards.
[/quote]

This is actually intended in the default campaign. It is a change from SC2, but I have seen some instances where points are still lost to the smaller naval units
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

The naval unit can just suffer a morale loss rather than a strength point loss.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Oh Ok I didn't know rough seas could make you lose morale instead of strength points, this is a good improvement.
Thanks Bill.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

More than half of the players attended, if at all, only the technical forum or looking for updates. The majority of the remaining players consider mods to be ridiculous gadgets of nerd freaks.

Yes indeed, and further still when we attempt to put a Mod on the main forum page, it gets rudely removed and shoved into the back-alley Mod page by a moderator [:@]

sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I'm not very familiar with Matrix to know if they support mods or not.
See the response to my query on this topic here:
tm.asp?m=4183817

[&:]
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
I'm not very familiar with Matrix to know if they support mods or not.
See the response to my query on this topic here:
tm.asp?m=4183817

[&:]

I actually laughed
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

In reply to the above I understand mods are pushed aside so early after release, it's really understandable.

I am looking forward to seeing some others and seeing what works and what does not. There are lots of ideas thrown around so far!

An update to my own: I wil have to update based on some small changes (nothing major) and minor fixes, nothing that is game breaking. I'm working through them as I go.

Second I will have to wrap my head around how to update my majors again. I removed Poland in favour of both Finland and Romania in my previous mod and will have to tackle this next.

Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

comsolut

Post by comsolut »

Personally, I want to work through the std. scenarios from both sides first. Then maybe some multi-player.

However, knowing good mods, like yours (which I sincerely look forward to starting) reassures me of continued enjoyment of the game. Having individuals like you add rich and varied content is very appreciated.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”