OT: WitE

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Bullwinkle58

OT: WitE

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Just glanced at Steam and it looks like the Thanksgiving sale has activated in last few hours. Scrolled down quickly and saw WitE for 50% off. Don't know if this is the same as the Matrix holiday sale, but I find Steam much easier to use.

Just a heads-up.
The Moose
btd64

RE: OT: WitE

Post by btd64 »

Hey Moose, Check the specs on WITE. The rez on my laptop prevents me from enjoying the game. Doesn't fit right. I posted some stuff about this problem in the WITE forum....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
spence

Post by spence »

For anybody that knows what is the difference between Matrix and "Steam"?

"War in Russia" (an oldie but goodie) was fun but I've kinda been put off by some of the stuff that makes WitE different.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Hey Moose, Check the specs on WITE. The rez on my laptop prevents me from enjoying the game. Doesn't fit right. I posted some stuff about this problem in the WITE forum....GP

Can't really help. I bought WitE about four years ago and never liked it. It worked technically fine on my PC though.
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: spence

For anybody that knows what is the difference between Matrix and "Steam"?

"War in Russia" (an oldie but goodie) was fun but I've kinda been put off by some of the stuff that makes WitE different.

Steam is the largest on-line vendor of PC games in the world. Tens of thousands of titles. Almost no wargames, but Slitherine has been dipping its toe in lately. I'd advise downloading the client and looking around. It would take a lot of space to fully describe Steam.
The Moose
SheperdN7

Post by SheperdN7 »

Steam is the largest on-line vendor of PC games in the world. Tens of thousands of titles. Almost no wargames, but Slitherine has been dipping its toe in lately. I'd advise downloading the client and looking around. It would take a lot of space to fully describe Steam.

+1

I believe games downloaded off of steam fix a lot of compatibility issues, for example a game downloaded off of steam originally released in 1995 will work perfectly fine with windows 8.
Current Games:

WitP:AE PBEM against Greg (Late '44)
AE PBEM against Mogami (Early'44)
WITE PBEM against Boomer Sooner
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

I think the biggest advantage to Steam is the automatic updates, and if your computer crashes, all of your games are still there and can be reinstalled instantly. Biggest disadvantage is that a lot of the games now can only be played while you are online. It is a piracy preventive thing but if you lose the internet you lose your games. I used to not like it but it works pretty seamlessly now and I find it convenient.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

That depends on the game, in my experience, most will require you to be online to start it; but very few (that I know) will kick you out if you lose connection

Another advantage is that the old games available in Steam had been "prepared" for the newer, faster computers and OS we have today. Try installing a very old game from disk and you will likely get into severe computer issues. While you can play ancients games like early 90s "Darklands" in Steam without any concern.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”