Map zoom

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

haegint

Map zoom

Post by haegint »

Hello Folks, sorry complete Newbie here...

I looked in the manual with no success, and also tried to employ the search function but it seems not producing any hits on anything, so please bear with me with a simple question: Is it possible to zoom the map? There is the "normal" view and the strategic map, of course. But can one zoom in and out of the normal map? (like with a hotkey or mouse scroll)

As it is, everything is just very small (on my screen with native res 1680 x 1050; I set the game to this res via the command line of the Quick Start icon). Thanks very much.
PaxMondo

RE: Map zoom

Post by PaxMondo »

no zoom.
Pax
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I'm sorry, PaxMondo, but my P-38s go zoom.

RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

If you play the game in windowed mode there are third party tools that will allow a zoom function. I play on a Mac so can't vouch for them but they will effectively zoom the area around your focus..... this can help enormously.

There is no zoom function in the game itself.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
haegint

Post by haegint »

OK... thanks folks.

Well, I find this a bit of a bummer but OK... have to live with it like everybody.

Cheers! [:)]
Reg

Post by Reg »

Uncommon Valor (UV) used to have a map zoom function.

All it did was make the map twice as big and four times as ugly without providing any extra functionality. I don't think anyone ever used it which is why they dropped it. [:D]

Zooming out on the other hand........

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

I'll admit to keeping a hand-magnifier lens at my desk, for those mornings when my aging Mark I's aren't fully awake.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: jmalter

I'll admit to keeping a hand-magnifier lens at my desk, for those mornings when my aging Mark I's aren't fully awake.
Yeah, don't see enough of you jmalter, is that because you can't see enough of us? [;)]

RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Magnifier

Open source ones

Another one

One of these might do....

Roger

An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

You can also lower the rez on your screen ... that will make the hexes bigger ... or do what most of us 'elder' players do .. get a really big (+28") screen at 1920x1060 ... on 15" 1920 is pretty small, on 28" not so small. [:D][:D]
Pax
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Your eyes will hurt a bit at the beginning, but eventually they will get used to :)
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

Quere whether you need to monkey with your "Properties/Start-in" codes to get full screen? There are many discussions on this in the tech section. I know I went through lots of grief before I finally found the one that works.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

Quere whether you need to monkey with your "Properties/Start-in" codes to get full screen? There are many discussions on this in the tech section. I know I went through lots of grief before I finally found the one that works.
I think the default install is full screen, and you only need to add switches for windowed mode (and any other preferences you might have).
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

Boy it's never defaulted properly for me!! Every time you upgrade betas the settings need to be redone also....I'm not very computer savvy and it can be daunting for us Ludites.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

default is in your stars.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Did nobody get that? It's a Shakespeare reference from Julius Caesar where (I believe) Cassius says something like "Dear Brutus, the fault is not in our stars, it is in ourselves".

pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I simply wash my hands of the matter!!
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

Most of default is in my pilots - starry-eyed boys w/ unclean hands.
haegint

Post by haegint »

Even just a simple zoom (e.g. like in HoI2) with only 2 or 3 fixed levels would already be quite welcome, in my opinion.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”