TOAW IV features

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
serumph

RE: TOAW IV features: Corps/Army reassignments

Post by serumph »

Hey Curtis! Will/can TOAW IV allow reassigning divisions to different corps, corps to different army? This deficiency in the flexibility of higher formations is one of the glaring problems with the game as is. Didn't see a mention of it in your list of IV features. I want kampfgruppes!
Gerry
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Gerry Leb

Hey Curtis! Will/can TOAW IV allow reassigning divisions to different corps, corps to different army? This deficiency in the flexibility of higher formations is one of the glaring problems with the game as is. Didn't see a mention of it in your list of IV features. I want kampfgruppes!

No.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

So, almost a year after this was announced, I'd like to know if all of these features are being implemented or whether some were discarded, and if there are some new ones in work.
Lobster

RE: TOAW IV features

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Other features may be added beyond these. It’s still a work in progress.

< Message edited by Tamas -- 2/4/2016 4:17:48 PM >

Very good question Meyer.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

No.

I will miss this functionality. I was really hoping the development delay would have included this possibility.

[:(]
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I will miss this functionality. I was really hoping the development delay would have included this possibility.
In WITP-AE you can reassign the commander by name, actually a specific person. Do you need that level of detail
in TOAW games as well? Perhaps you should maybe start a thread with a catchy title to act as a sort of pettion to
Tamas K. or whoever is really pulling the strings, to sort of lobby for it. And pictures demonstrating it's obvious utility are
good. Keep up the pressure. I'd like to see some changes myownself.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Meyer1

So, almost a year after this was announced, I'd like to know if all of these features are being implemented or whether some were discarded, and if there are some new ones in work.

Nothing has been discarded, though such decisions can be postponed indefinitely.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

No.

[:(]

The wishlist for TOAW is beyond huge. And we can only do a few things. They have to be diamonds.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Nothing has been discarded, though such decisions can be postponed indefinitely.

Hmmm... is there something that has been postponed indefinitely?
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

I mean that one can postpone the decision to discard anything indefinitely. There are things that still haven't been done yet. Does that mean that they have been discarded? No one has made any such decision.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

I mean that one can postpone the decision to discard anything indefinitely. There are things that still haven't been done yet. Does that mean that they have been discarded? No one has made any such decision.

Well there's a hint right there for the "ETA" thread, I guess we are nowhere near the finish. Unless, of course, some things gets "postponed" for a later patch [:)]

Thanks
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Indeed Meyer. That is one depressing statement. Either IV is way off in the future or some features planned for are going to be left out. You can't discard something that is not already at hand. Very depressing.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

Can you give us a hint of the 'diamonds"?
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I think that the inclusion of the new Naval Rules is one of those diamonds. Don't you think so?
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

This last by Bob is really confusing. Are you saying some of the things in the features list that you posted are not implemented at all yet? That the features list isn't really a list of the features that will be included in the release, whenever that is? If including more things other than what are on the features list would delay this any longer then leave them till some future patch/DLC/whatever. I want to see this thing squeezed out before I die of old age, which is looking more likely all the time.

Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Well, apparently, the counter and map artwork isn't finished yet, but since this is a main feature of a "new" game , and is being done by a third party, I'm sure it will be there.
Same with the new interface, which perhaps could be somewhat simplified or some new features cut.
And, since some other features announced are not yet implemented, I would discard that some new ones will make the release.

This is my intelligence report from Bob's posts [:D]
NikolaiEzhov

Post by NikolaiEzhov »

Can TOAW4 has a more powerful, maybe more programmable Event Editor?
Proletariat of the world, unite!
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

I am sure that you are beyond requests, but I will state it anyway.

Will the new version have the ability to add and remove equipment from units based on events? For example, when designing a scenario like the Battle of the Bugle, it would be nice to be able to motorize an airborne or infantry unit for a number of turns and, then, have the trucks go away.

Thank you for your time.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Well, since we are entering in the beta phase, perhaps is a good time to address this question.
woos1981

RE: TOAW IV features

Post by woos1981 »

Great work development team! Thanks Bob!.I just have one question to ask. The NAVY battle will have Submarine unit right ? Thank you very much!

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”