Event sound triggers?

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
AstroCat

Event sound triggers?

Post by AstroCat »

I noticed some events have sound triggers and some do not. Is this something that can be added to existing event pop ups easily?
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
sPzAbt653

RE: Event sound triggers?

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Yes, they can be added easily. Have you looked at the scripts ? Its the fourth entry, 'Sound =' [:)]
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

Do you know where the one is for the Research completed event? Can't seem to find it, but I'd like to add a sound trigger for Research complete. Some events have sounds but a lot don't, I think it would be cool if a lot more where added.
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

Each research completed event (like the one for heavy tanks) should be located in the popup-script folder...but the regular "research completed" messages at the end of a turn seem to be hard coded.
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

Ahh, bummer. I thought it would be cool to have a Research completed SFX as it's a positive game moment.

Also some sounds have multiple options, explosion1, explosion2, etc... some do not. If I wanted to add more to a series that only has one like operational_movement it doesn't seem to work.

For example: operational_movement can not be deleted or the game won't start but if I leave and create operational_movement1 and operational_movement2 the new ones don't play.

Any way around this?

Thanks!
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

ORIGINAL: AstroCat

Ahh, bummer. I thought it would be cool to have a Research completed SFX as it's a positive game moment.

Also some sounds have multiple options, explosion1, explosion2, etc... some do not. If I wanted to add more to a series that only has one like operational_movement it doesn't seem to work.

For example: operational_movement can not be deleted or the game won't start but if I leave and create operational_movement1 and operational_movement2 the new ones don't play.

Any way around this?

Thanks!

Yep. I've already mentioned this in the wishlist during the beta test. The easiest way to manage the shared sounds of units would be the possibility of direct addressing in the unit menu of the editor. But I think sooner or later each unit will have an individual bunch of sounds. For the sake of simplicity, these can be content identical in the case of a comparable source (infantry march) but the sounds could also be significantly more varied.
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I used one of yours to change the HQ movement sound [I didn't like the original one]. I renamed the original [to keep it as a backup] and then named yours as the original. Can't you do that with your operational_movement ?
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

Yes that is no problem, the issue is when you want multiple options and the system is not setup for it, such as explosion1, explosion2, etc... If there is no "1" "2", already there, there is no way to add more, you can only replace the original.

For example, I wanted multiple train SFX for operational_movement, but there is no way to currently do that, only replace.

I really hope they can make this system more flexible or expand the sound triggers of the units.
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

I used one of yours to change the HQ movement sound [I didn't like the original one]. I renamed the original [to keep it as a backup] and then named yours as the original. Can't you do that with your operational_movement ?

I think he does not mean the exchange of a sounds, but adding additional alternatives for automated varying sound effects. The game obviously does not automatically recognize that another option has been added here. Also this is hardcoded.
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”