Hacksaw Ridge

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Mobius

RE: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by Mobius »

It was great. Better than SPR.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Poor movie. Men are shoulder to shoulder like at Waterloo.

Mel loves slow motion - I hate it.

Climbing up the big net? Why don't the Japanese just cut the rope? Utterly preposterous!
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

Climbing up the big net? Why don't the Japanese just cut the rope? Utterly preposterous!

I had to wonder if there was a budget gap there or something. They just roll up to that net like some Boy Scouts going to the obstacle course. There's no one around at all. Then when they retreat the commander just leaves two soldiers behind to "keep an eye on things", like those hundreds of Japanese soldiers that were literally right behind them a minute before.

Let's not even mention how they call in a naval bombardment 50 feet away from where they standing and then nonchalantly watch the explosions.
Challerain

Post by Challerain »

Attachments
Hacksaw.jpg
Hacksaw.jpg (171.44 KiB) Viewed 53 times
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

In fact Doss was one of three volunteers that climbed up the cliff and hung the net. I guess the Japanese didn't see this and assumed that the Americans were free climbing the cliff. (Though it looks like the real cliff is half the size of the movie cliff.)

But yes, the movie has the soldiers cheek to jowl and not spread out but this is probably to get everyone in the movie frame and show a lot of action all at once.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

Enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

I knew I would because Gibson is a quality filmmaker (or artist) and along with Eastwood they don't get enough credit for their work.

Some may say the battle scenes were too gory or horrific but I'll maintain if you save 75 people over three days things were pretty bad.

Desmond Doss is a true hero, too bad schools don't teach this stuff but instead focus solely on social warriors.
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

Return to “General Discussion”