Whatcah gonna get?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

Whatcah gonna get?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

So, what game or games are you hoping for this holiday season or what are you going to buy for yourself anyways and why?
Gilmer

RE: Whatcah gonna get?

Post by Gilmer »

I'm thinking of getting.

Schwerpunkts World War II Europe.
And CMANO

I like the look of both. I have wanted CMANO for awhile, but always talked myself out of spending the money.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

I've really slowed down on acquiring PC games at the moment, I have too many as it is. Though if there is a really good sale on Total War: Warhammer or a few other games on my wishlist, I might pick them up.

I am looking forward to the release of Comancheria from GMT Games. Should be a rather epic solo board game to tackle over the cold months. It has you controlling the Comanche tribe over the course of almost two hundred years, dealing with war, culture, technology, etc. The same developer did Navajo Wars, a somewhat similar game, and it has rave reviews but isn't in print for the foreseeable future.

I think I may want to get a VR headset of some variety, but still doing research on that.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

I've really slowed down on acquiring PC games at the moment, I have too many as it is. Though if there is a really good sale on Total War: Warhammer or a few other games on my wishlist, I might pick them up.

I am looking forward to the release of Comancheria from GMT Games. Should be a rather epic solo board game to tackle over the cold months. It has you controlling the Comanche tribe over the course of almost two hundred years, dealing with war, culture, technology, etc. The same developer did Navajo Wars, a somewhat similar game, and it has rave reviews but isn't in print for the foreseeable future.

I think I may want to get a VR headset of some variety, but still doing research on that.

That does sound interesting. I don't usually play board games, but I've been kind of thinking of getting into them.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

That does sound interesting. I don't usually play board games, but I've been kind of thinking of getting into them.

PM me if you want some suggestions, there are literally thousands of games out there. Just need to know what you are looking for.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

PM me if you want some suggestions, there are literally thousands of games out there. Just need to know what you are looking for.

Seems kind of expensive. I don't figure on getting TOO much into them. [:D]
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

With SC3 out and purchased, about the only thing I am looking forward to is the black Friday, 2nd Kickstarter for Kingdom Death Monster; http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/ ... th-monster
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

If anything it will be some DLC for CKII or EUIV or the Torch expansion for WitW
RodyMetal

Post by RodyMetal »

I will try not to get much, I have many games to play, but I will buy a game or two from Matrix mostly will be CSME and Tigers on the Hunt.
From steam I have around 40 games on my wishlist, so it depends on how much I want the game and the discount rate of it.
Add me, Steam name: RAIED
Steam Profile:
RAIED
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

This year I've bought bunch of games and played only about half of them, many of them just handful of hours. Right now I spend hours a day with Civ4: BTS Caveman 2 Cosmos. One more turn...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Nothing - I'm sorted for the holidays [:)].

I have MWIF of course that I continue to play, and on a whim have just bought Strategic Command WWII War In Europe.

Early days with the latter but I have to say I am really pleased with Strategic Command. These two games should keep me company over the Christmas period.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

So, what game or games are you hoping for this holiday season or what are you going to buy for yourself anyways and why?

I seriously doubt I will be buying any new PC games--I already have such a large backlog that I don't believe I will ever play all the games I currently own.

But I might buy a new gaming computer if the price is right. The one I have is six years old and is in the shop right now.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
Grubwurm

Post by Grubwurm »

Bought Dom 4 from Gamersgate sale.

Lost all of the files from DOM 3 and the price was right.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Dom 4 is my fav x4 game by a long long way
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Definitely the 'Mandate of Heaven' expansion for Sengoku Jidai.

Fleet Commander Nimitz (DVG board game)...

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i have bought alot of old games of late and they are awesome!

Dawn Patrol
Action Stations
Blue Max
Rules of Engagement
Warship
Sub Battle Simulator
Panthers in the Shadows
Flying Corps Gold
and more

of newer games Wings over Flanders Fields will be the one for me next i think - just ordered Combat Flight Simulator 3 as a prerequisite!

i am not sure when they are coming out but Sanctus Reach, Wars of Succession and TOAW IV would be the Matrix ones for me to get!
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Grognerd

I play a multitude of things. At 64 years old I think my gaming days are getting slimmer. I just can't find anything interesting.
Played WOW since about 2007, latest expansion is meh. Just too many years to find this game exciting any longer.
Diablo 3, played for 3 years, just can't play it anymore. Grim Dawn, the same.
Tried the Mass Effect trilogy again, boring the second time through...
Tried Divinity, original sin, nope...
Tried Galactic Civilizations 3, what a waste of money.
Flashpoint Campaigns, good game system, but limited scenario time frames all based on a what if that never happened. Lost interest for now, but I watch the forum for expansion news.
Waiting for release of Operational Art of War IV, with the fixes to turn burn and expansion of the map size this could be ok for awhile.
Looking at Command: Modern Naval and Air, Looks ok, pricey for my budget, so I hesitate because I gotten so many crappy games lately.

Pretty sure I'm in a big rut in my gaming life (which spans 35 or so years).

What I would really like to see (and I won't in my lifetime) is a real good Science Fiction wargame. Not a rock paper scissors style (which they all are right now). Something like a hybrid between War in the Pacific and Command: Modern Naval and Air.

But as far as Matrix goes, TOAW IV and Flashpoints next release are on my list. Possibly Command: Modern Naval and Air.

Yeah at 64 I'm in a rut for gaming. Might be due to my age as they sure don't cater gaming to my age group! Ha!

I don't think it's your age, sounds like you are are true game lover. You should check the "Indie" genre of games. It covers alot of different topics but you will probably find some that are quite good. [:)] Steam is a good place to start the search...
http://store.steampowered.com/
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I seriously doubt I will be buying any new PC games--I already have such a large backlog that I don't believe I will ever play all the games I currently own.

But I might buy a new gaming computer if the price is right. The one I have is six years old and is in the shop right now.

Don't feel pregnant mine is 8 years old almost 9 bought back in June of 2008 with Vista 64 OS no less.[8|] It's been a good one though (knock on wood....wood where's my wood?? Where's Catan when you need it. [:D])

If anyone is looking for a fun board game like strategy game try to find Gremlins Inc. on sale these holidays. It's the strangest but most fun cutthroat board game to PC game I've ever played. It's akin to monopoly in movement (not construction though) and you use the same cards you play for points and profit as you do for movement. I'd bet nickels to dollars you find yourself screaming at the monitor from game to game. [:'(] It has so many aspects of life's elements in it, you even get to goto "hell" [:D]

@Grognerd...I'm basically in the same rut you are been that way for awhile now and I think you would like Gremlins Inc. It's different and the AI is quite good and ruthless. You'll kick your dog over it. (not really but it's that good) [:)]
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I consider to buy Stardew Valley to my littlesister for christmas. Does anyone sell it on a disc?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

Return to “General Discussion”